Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 Plus Communications Conundrum

Thanks for the info. The extender is set to voice. I dissed one of the legs to turn the power off, at that point nothing was hogging the line as the extender was turned off as well. But yes, I think it must be continually trying to do something and failing.

It's the alarm that's hogging the line as if I disconnect the alarm (or plug in a phone to the extender instead) there's no issue. I say engaged as when the extender is in use, the light flashes. When I pick up a phone to listen, there is just a constant tone.

When I diss the blue and yellow below socket I get a TELECOMS FAIL message and the extender is no longer engaged.

Also try switching the extender switch to data and diss the yellow blue,while I've Seen those extenders I've never come across one used for Alarm signalling so not sure if it would hold a line fail off

• Like 1

I tried switching the extender to data but no joy. I had already ordered a speech dialler on initial suggestions, which has now arrived.

If anyone can help with set up I'd be grateful. I have 2 questions:

• I have enclosed photos of the wiring of the Galaxy 16+ with the relevant speech dialler connection instructions. What would be the equivalent of BELL B- and SET on the Galaxy wiring diagram? And as I will need to order a couple of wires, what is the correct type of wire to buy?
  • I have enclosed the wire I assume connects to the telephone but the wires are red and green, rather than red and white as per the instructions. I assume this isn't an issue / problem?

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 31 37.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 32 16.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 32 23.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 33 36.jpg

34 minutes ago, rickbalfour said:

I tried switching the extender to data but no joy. I had already ordered a speech dialler on initial suggestions, which has now arrived.

If anyone can help with set up I'd be grateful. I have 2 questions:

• I have enclosed photos of the wiring of the Galaxy 16+ with the relevant speech dialler connection instructions. What would be the equivalent of BELL B- and SET on the Galaxy wiring diagram? And as I will need to order a couple of wires, what is the correct type of wire to buy?
  • I have enclosed the wire I assume connects to the telephone but the wires are red and green, rather than red and white as per the instructions. I assume this isn't an issue / problem?

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 31 37.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 32 16.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 32 23.jpg

Photo 06-06-2018, 17 33 36.jpg

Normal alarm wire , you can buy in metre lengths , or just some gash stuff for £12 eBay 100m