Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16 Plus Communications Conundrum

An impressive memory James and quite right. I have entered the mobile number for Home 3 and adjusted the Triggers so only Intruder will activate the call.

Unfortunately I still haven't been able to get around the problem I was experiencing initially, that as soon as I plug the phone line into the alarm system, the phone line becomes constantly engaged (if I pick up a normal phone I can hear a constant tone).

I have tried deleting the main account number and phone number, since I am not using them and the manual says that it will dial Home 3 when it gets a Comm Fail from the main line.

So I would have assumed the call to the main number fails -> then I get the 'tone' call to my mobile. Any ideas, why it is constantly engaged? Is the connection correct (I have re-posted photo below)? I know this set up was working with the previous owner who had a maintenance contract with the installer so had assumed this wasn't the problem.

Richard.

Connection.JPG

I was hoping there would be a restart button. I've turned the power off at the fusebox and the control panel is still being powered by the battery I assume. Is there an easy way to disconnect it? I've tried pliers but nothing shifted and don't want to get too hands on as not sure how safe that would be. Attached a photo of the battery, which I assume I need to disconnect to reset the panel...

Battery.JPG