Security Installer Community

Some Advice on Galaxy Flex systems

Hi all 

I have fitted a few Honeywell systems fitted in the past without major issues but am now looking at a Galaxy Flex 20 for our house. 

I am not an installer but have a fair bit of electronics experience and don't find it too hard. 

Where I am struggling is with the components required. 

So Galaxy Flex 20 V3 + a RF portal card along with some DO800M door sensors and DT8M PIR sensors + a MK8 door panel and an ethernet module to allow for smart device arming/notifications. 

Now the documentation says "compatible with all Honeywell Alpha protocol sensors". Where do I stand on sirens etc? Do I have to use a hard wired sounder or can I use an alpha compatible siren?

Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 minute ago, everyonelovescheese said:

Thank you sir, do I need a trigger module to run 2 x sounders?

The Flex only has three outputs and one is taken for the external speaker.   If you're wiring two external sounders, then you can wire both into OP1 for the siren trigger and OP2 for the strobe.  You need to follow the wiring for linking two sounders tamper circuits if fitting two sounders wth SAB/SCB modules.   Also, you may need to run one external sounder in SCB mode and the other in SAB mode, as the power consumption from AUX may be too high for two units.   If only one external unit and an internal (non SAB) type siren, then just ensure that the AUX power output meets the _all_ hard wired devices requirements.   If you move up to the FX50 or FX100, then you can use a 2.5A switched mode PSU.