Security Installer Community

Multiple DVRs

Hey guys new to the forum.

I have recently took on quiet a big contract they have a existing setup of over 30 cameras with 3 DVRs. So basically I’ve installed a extra 4 cameras on top of there existing setup from one of the DVRs onsite. They have a office where they can view all of the cameras from one DVR. So I thought that installing the cameras on the existing setup would automatically populate in the office but that’s not the case. Any ideas? They have Hikvision DVRs and have never dealt with a setup with multiple DVRs I know it’s probably going to be something silly I am missing here any help would be great.

13 hours ago, Warwickdigi said:

Hey guys new to the forum.

I have recently took on quiet a big contract they have a existing setup of over 30 cameras with 3 DVRs. So basically I’ve installed a extra 4 cameras on top of there existing setup from one of the DVRs onsite. They have a office where they can view all of the cameras from one DVR. So I thought that installing the cameras on the existing setup would automatically populate in the office but that’s not the case. Any ideas? They have Hikvision DVRs and have never dealt with a setup with multiple DVRs I know it’s probably going to be something silly I am missing here any help would be great.

Are they ip cameras? 

Don't worry about petrolbomb he's just hardcore bloke

Nah just wondering as thats the kind of thing a first year apprentice knows, seems a bit blaggerish to take on sites when you don't know how to work on the kit, that contract could have went to someone who actually knows what they are doing but hey thats just me.

Its likely either a pc running ivms or they have fitted a 32ch nvr or decoder and added are using it as a matrix.

Edited by petrolhead

10 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Nah just wondering as thats the kind of thing a first year apprentice knows, seems a bit blaggerish to take on sites when you don't know how to work on the kit, that contract could have went to someone who actually knows what they are doing but hey thats just me.

Its likely either a pc running ivms or they have fitted a 32ch nvr or decoder and added are using it as a matrix.

Told you your hardcore 

Apprentice if your working with someone who knows how 

As an expert blagger I don't take on sites which I don't know about , and don't really know what he's on about 

Just assuming what I have learnt from the men here , it's an IP system and there using rtsp or something to view all the cams in one room or onvif or another NVR to register the cams over a link 

Or as you say ivms on pc?

Typical I didn't read your thread properly you already said all that, who needs manuals lol

Thanks for the reply’s guys figured it out in the end was quiet straight forward really. Was no need to come across like that petrol head I’m no apprentice just been mainly doing domestic over the last few years. Like I said in my post I haven’t touched anything with multiple DVRs before. I like to take on challenges and learn onsite where I can.

Was the client aware that "you havent touched anything with multiple DVRs before and that you like to take on challenges and learn onsite where you can" before awarding a big contract or did they think they were getting someone suitably qualified and experienced?

• Downvote 1

47 minutes ago, Warwickdigi said:

Thanks for the reply’s guys figured it out in the end was quiet straight forward really. Was no need to come across like that petrol head I’m no apprentice just been mainly doing domestic over the last few years. Like I said in my post I haven’t touched anything with multiple DVRs before. I like to take on challenges and learn onsite where I can.

So what you do dude?

56 minutes ago, Warwickdigi said:

Just edited 4 of the existing unused channels on the NVR in the office copied the IP address of the DVR where I ran the cameras too and the port numbers job done.

So got the clues from above and you were sorted , thanks petrol head, JW 

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Was the client aware that "you havent touched anything with multiple DVRs before and that you like to take on challenges and learn onsite where you can" before awarding a big contract or did they think they were getting someone suitably qualified and experienced?

Ohh shut up really hate people like you on forums ooking for petty arguments. For the record I stated I hadn’t worked with anything like that before and they wer just happy to get rid of the cowboy they had previously. Thanks and have a gd day.

• Downvote 1

I'm not looking for a petty argument. I told you exactly what your solution was. I'm not going to hide my distaste for chancers that bid for work they haven't bothered to train for though, it makes a mockery of the industry.

And I'll shut up when I'm ready to.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, petrolhead said:

I'm not looking for a petty argument. I told you exactly what your solution was. I'm not going to hide my distaste for chancers that bid for work they haven't bothered to train for though, it makes a mockery of the industry.

And I'll shut up when I'm ready to.

(Yawns) Still riding that high horse I see.

4 hours ago, Warwickdigi said:

Ohh shut up really hate people like you on forums ooking for petty arguments. For the record I stated I hadn’t worked with anything like that before and they wer just happy to get rid of the cowboy they had previously. Thanks and have a gd day.

not judging but this 'cowboy' set it up on the pc?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

4 hours ago, Warwickdigi said:

(Yawns) Still riding that high horse I see.

Well at least he gave you some clues and got you on right track great stuff 

1 hour ago, petrolhead said:

Do you think clicking the little red button next to my posts has any impact on my happiness at all ya daft wee fud? I'm not seeking acceptance in this herd of alarm geeks i'm just here for the craic. Whatevever floats your boat.

Get in the question for acceptance , I counting the years one day one day

6 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Well at least he gave you some clues and got you on right track great stuff 

Get in the question for acceptance , I counting the years one day one day

Sorry mate you'll need to translate that last bit into jockanese for me please.