Security Installer Community

Hi all

Gellis

I’m looking for a ***** engineers code for a **** ****, I understand it’s something that can not be put on a public site. It’s a six digit code. I just had my system installed but would like to add a door contact sensor. I previously had a **** system and know the code engineer code for that. I’m in the southeast if that helps. 

Edited by MrHappy
asking for codes

55 minutes ago, Gellis said:

I’m looking for a ***** engineers code for a **** ****, I understand it’s something that can not be put on a public site. It’s a six digit code. I just had my system installed but would like to add a door contact sensor. I previously had a **** system and know the code engineer code for that. I’m in the southeast if that helps. 

Just installed? Ask the engineer who put it in to hand code over , at same time you sign up to say all warranty void and he no longer is responsible for system etc 

I suppose he wants more than your willing to pay to fit a door sensor?

He was so strait he wasn’t willing to do any additional work. Not for any price. I even had the door contact so he didn’t have to supply that. 

Inasked the engineer who who installed it and he wouldn’t give me the engineers code :( 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Gellis said:

He was so strait he wasn’t willing to do any additional work. Not for any price. I even had the door contact so he didn’t have to supply that. 

Inasked the engineer who who installed it and he wouldn’t give me the engineers code :( 

Why not let him supply the door contact and pay his price ,instead of trying to supply your own 

Many walk once customer wants to supply equipment

2 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Why not let him supply the door contact and pay his price ,instead of trying to supply your own 

Many walk once customer wants to supply equipment

He wasn’t even interested in doing this. 

Can an no one help me with the code so I can install myself? 

2 hours ago, Gellis said:

He wasn’t even interested in doing this. 

Can an no one help me with the code so I can install myself? 

Only he knows the code, he is unlikely to tell you it because that will leave all his customers vulnerable, if it was over a year old you could ask him to default the code, or you could take ownership of the warranty and ask him to default the engineers code, once he has done that you are then responsible should it not work. 

Its a security system there is a clue in the name as to why installers wont let anyone have their engineer codes

On ‎21‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 08:56, Gellis said:

Hummmmmmm. Wonder what happened for the company to refuse to do any more work at any price.

2 hours ago, paul44 said:

Hummmmmmm. Wonder what happened for the company to refuse to do any more work at any price.

Its a national co. & the engineer doesn't want to do cash in hand work for the OP....

The OP probably has a wireless contact from ebay which he assumes will work with national co. system.

• Upvote 2

Mr? Veritas God

24 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Its a national co. & the engineer doesn't want to do cash in hand work for the OP....

The OP probably has a wireless contact from ebay which he assumes will work with national co. system.

Javed H always on the ball

58 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

Oh dear 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

Thats how I thought it read as well. Op was putting pressure on an installer to put his livelihood at risk, all for 1 door contact, it didn't work out so lets fish about on the alarmgeek hangout.

OP if you wanted to diy why not buy a diy alarm, or either one of the more common pro panels but diy it with help from others so you can be in full control?

Edited by petrolhead

34 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

Thats how I thought it read as well. Op was putting pressure on an installer to put his livelihood at risk, all for 1 door contact, it didn't work out so lets fish about on the alarmgeek hangout.

OP if you wanted to diy why not buy a diy alarm, or either one of the more common pro panels but diy it with help from others so you can be in full control?

or pay another engineer to reset the codes for you then you can do what you want , and hope it doesnt mess up