Security Installer Community

Unable to connect to Samsung DVR SDR-3100N

emmlbond

Hello,

Am trying to setup Samsung DVR SDR-3100 but having some challenges. Kindly assist. I am connecting to FTTh network. The LAN IP is in the range 192.168.1.x. In my connection setup i selected Dynamic. However i have registered on the samsungipolis.com site but has not been able to connect my cameras. Kindly assist please.

10 hours ago, emmlbond said:

Hello,

Am trying to setup Samsung DVR SDR-3100 but having some challenges. Kindly assist. I am connecting to FTTh network. The LAN IP is in the range 192.168.1.x. In my connection setup i selected Dynamic. However i have registered on the samsungipolis.com site but has not been able to connect my cameras. Kindly assist please.

You need to port forward on the router do you know how to do this ? In basic terms 

Access router go to firewall or port redirection or whatever it is called on your router 

Port forward the http port and the rtsp port to the ip of your recorder , in Samsung if it shows you one number then that is the one your forward if it is a range like 554-558 , then 558 is the one you would use to connect to it in the app

But a range of 554-558 is also forwarded to the DVR if needed 

Or something like that

What router you got

Port forwarding would open internet traffic on that port to your device, while allowing your CCTV to function you are also opening an attack route into your network.

You would be relying on your CCTV recorder to protect your network from attack for as long as it's connected to the internet.

It would be recommended to use a good quality router/firewall and a VLAN/DMZ with port forwarding or setup a VPN for best security.

4 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Port forwarding would open internet traffic on that port to your device, while allowing your CCTV to function you are also opening an attack route into your network.

You would be relying on your CCTV recorder to protect your network from attack for as long as it's connected to the internet.

It would be recommended to use a good quality router/firewall and a VLAN/DMZ with port forwarding or setup a VPN for best security.

Good advice , start with basics of port forwarding first 

And cover your web cams incase the mods get your IP and want to take a look