Security Installer Community

New cctv install and advice on Brand /Product

Hi Al yeti,

What about the brand Dahua ?

I can get the same spec for all at £400.00 direct from China, as i have colleague who we work with he got me this price, so i thinking of buying it from China.

My company used Andy brand, purchased from China.

Edited by CARETAKER46
just forgot to add.

7 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Al yeti,

What about the brand Dahua ?

I can get the same spec for all at £400.00 direct from China, as i have colleague who we work with he got me this price, so i thinking of buying it from China.

My company used Andy brand, purchased from China.

You think they good copies?

Camera will be sent with our company goods, so duty and import cost will be covered by the company, i just need to pay for the Camera.

I thought i buy direct from the wholesale CCTV supplier in China Dahua, as it is half the price from the Amazon.

Andy our company installed it, but they are not that clever, so he told me to buy another Brand and one of the guys who i purchased told me he fits Dahua and it is a good brand and good quality, so this is the reason i thought i buy this brand Dahua.

I have not purchased anything as yet, just doing my homework, getting prices, getting advice from you guys and then decide what to do.

Hi alyeti,

Thank you for your reply.

I have asked for HikVision and Hiwatch if they do sell this brand , I will find out Monday or Tuesday.

when you install cctv it comes complete kit and you just need download the app for it to work on your mobile.

so you are concerned about technical issues. Where you need to contact supplier for help and advice, but I can always contact my China colleague to sort it, as they said, they will sort with any problem or issues if I do have any.

Complete kit might not include cables to that distance unless your getting premade cables of a long length and have worked that one out

Are they all varifocal cameras ? Otherwise fixed lens won't give you a close up of the car , although 5mp on zoom is quite good evening when playing back