Security Installer Community

New cctv install and advice on Brand /Product

Hi All/ Installer/ Advisors,
I want to buy Cctv camera where we live on busy main road and recently my car got damaged by parking away from home due to limited bay outside my house. This is 3rd time it has been Hit and run.

I wondered if I could have a mobile camera in the car and also on my house to monitor the front of the house and back of the house  on the cctv system i will purchase.

i was proposingto use the DVR , which the wireless camera may be compatible to my DVR and this camera either be left in the car or third party wall with permission, but i wont be able to do any wiring due to location of this camera.
          i was Hoping if you have better ideas and where would i be better of buying the CCTV ,as i was looking at Screwfix Swann cameras, Amazon, Ebay, Gumtree and so on.

There was a guy saying i can not use the Cat5e cable, i have to use the RG59+Power Shotgun cable ,this is more made for the CCTV and they dont use the CAT5e. This mentioned by From Gumtree , Bo  £619.00

If I do park away from my home, it will be next street and this is 50metre away from my house to the next street.

PR16LL 

The street I usually parked is on
PR1 6LQ.

Is there any option, as I can not leave my car outside my house due to limited bay, as you need to move it within a hour.

Please advise the best option and the price for the Cctv system wired or may wireless due to location of the car being parked away from my home address.

Kind Regards 

From a website recommeded by a friend.

Product Price Quantity Total
HD 1080P TVI Hybrid DVR 8 Channel 
High Definition 1080p
£199.95 1 £199.95
AV Grade 3TB Hard Drive 
High Definition 1080p
£109.95 1 £109.95
Large open dome 2.8-12mm lens HD WHITE 
High Definition 1080p
£99.95 4 £399.80
Small Open Dome 3.6mm Lens HD WHITE 
High Definition 1080p
£64.95 1 £64.95
4 Camera 5A Power Supply 
High Definition 1080p
£18.95 2 £37.90
CAT5e Outdoor Cable 100m Roll 
High Definition 1080p
£39.95 1 £39.95
Video Balun with Flylead (pair) for use with CAT5e Cable 
High Definition 1080p
£3.95 5 £19.75
DC Power Plug 
High Definition 1080p
£0.99 5 £4.95
DC Power Socket 
High Definition 1080p
£0.99 5 £4.95
Weatherproof Box for External Cable Connections 
High Definition 1080p
£3.49 5 £17.45
Sub Total (ex) £779.60
VAT £155.92
Total £935.5
Additional Discount - £120.00
Next Business Day Delivery Service - FREE £0.00

From Gumtree , Bo  £619.00

Hikvison 2MP 8 Cameras Full Turbo-HD System:

8ch HiWatch Turbo-HD PRO DVR 3TB HDD
4x HiWatch 2MP Full HD 1080P Day/Night Dome Cameras - VF 2.8-12mm Lens (white)
4x HiWatch 2MP Full HD 1080P Day/Night Dome Cameras - 2.8mm Lens (white)
2x 100meters RG59+Power Shotgun CCTV Cable
BNC Connectors & DC Plugs
8x IP65 Boxes (white or black)
1x PSU for Cameras

cleardot.gif

From Ebay.
1) Hikvision DVR with a 3 TB HDD: eBay item number: 112401639519 £219.99
2)Varifocal Dome 2.8 mm- 12mm: eBay item number: 112068914950 £34.99 
3) Fixed Lense Dome 3.6 mm: eBay item number: 152179389383 £21.99
4) 5 AMP PSU and splitter not listed, we have 3.17 AMP please refer to the following listing: 151585068881
5) We don't stock CAT 5 cable
6) We don't stock Video Baluns
7) DC power socket
8) Weather proof Junction boxes: eBay item number: 112783515299.

Foscam reply.

Thank you for contacting Foscam Support.

Please see answers below:

If you want to purchase these, please check Amazon or check this: https://www.foscam.com/where-to-buy.html. They are our resellers.

Best Regards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your satisfaction is our goal. Any feedback will be highly valued.
If you have any suggestion to our service or product, please e-mail feedback@foscam.com 

Sannce Amazon (Customer Service)

For your requirements, we are glad to recommend the suitable camera system for you.
But we feel sorry that we do not sell 3TB hard drive, is the 2TB or 4TB acceptable?
Here are the listings:
The DVR with 3.6mm Lens 1080P camera system 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074N571RN

Hard drive:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0739VBPFZ : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075MXJ9M3

2.8-12mm lens cameras: ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019PSU22I

Hope it could be helpful.

Nice day
Melissa
ANNKE Customer Care

I don't believe anyone here could recommend any DIY Kits like Swann and Sannce or the places you are looking to purchase from. Generally the cable provided in DIY kits is like string, PSU's that burn out and overall will offer a headache and a false sense of security.

I would suggest you look at the ICO website https://ico.org.uk/ about the regulations for CCTV systems, data protection and how a camera pointing into a public area would effect you, before even considering installing.

CAT5e with baluns or RG59+2C would both be appropriate for analogue signals, however many have been using CAT5e solutions as standard for a while now.

I can't work out if you are looking to DIY (fit it yourself) from your post?

Sounds like a small car incident camera maybe most suitable here, I would also try asking the council about providing residents parking for the bay or reducing the time the bay is active, unlikely looking at it but worth a try.

You may be better off using a car DVR or a couple of dash cams permanently powered with large sd cards rather than trying to wirelessly record it. The problem with anything wireless lots of things in the environment have a factor, so unless you get the same parking space everyday and that has good line of sight to your access point you will find it very hit and miss(excuse the pun) 

3 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:
Hi All/ Installer/ Advisors,
I want to buy Cctv camera where we live on busy main road and recently my car got damaged by parking away from home due to limited bay outside my house. This is 3rd time it has been Hit and run.

I wondered if I could have a mobile camera in the car and also on my house to monitor the front of the house and back of the house  on the cctv system i will purchase.

i was proposingto use the DVR , which the wireless camera may be compatible to my DVR and this camera either be left in the car or third party wall with permission, but i wont be able to do any wiring due to location of this camera.
          i was Hoping if you have better ideas and where would i be better of buying the CCTV ,as i was looking at Screwfix Swann cameras, Amazon, Ebay, Gumtree and so on.

There was a guy saying i can not use the Cat5e cable, i have to use the RG59+Power Shotgun cable ,this is more made for the CCTV and they dont use the CAT5e. This mentioned by From Gumtree , Bo  £619.00

If I do park away from my home, it will be next street and this is 50metre away from my house to the next street.

PR16LL 

The street I usually parked is on
PR1 6LQ.

Is there any option, as I can not leave my car outside my house due to limited bay, as you need to move it within a hour.

Please advise the best option and the price for the Cctv system wired or may wireless due to location of the car being parked away from my home address.

Kind Regards 

From a website recommeded by a friend.

Product Price Quantity Total
HD 1080P TVI Hybrid DVR 8 Channel 
High Definition 1080p
£199.95 1 £199.95
AV Grade 3TB Hard Drive 
High Definition 1080p
£109.95 1 £109.95
Large open dome 2.8-12mm lens HD WHITE 
High Definition 1080p
£99.95 4 £399.80
Small Open Dome 3.6mm Lens HD WHITE 
High Definition 1080p
£64.95 1 £64.95
4 Camera 5A Power Supply 
High Definition 1080p
£18.95 2 £37.90
CAT5e Outdoor Cable 100m Roll 
High Definition 1080p
£39.95 1 £39.95
Video Balun with Flylead (pair) for use with CAT5e Cable 
High Definition 1080p
£3.95 5 £19.75
DC Power Plug 
High Definition 1080p
£0.99 5 £4.95
DC Power Socket 
High Definition 1080p
£0.99 5 £4.95
Weatherproof Box for External Cable Connections 
High Definition 1080p
£3.49 5 £17.45
Sub Total (ex) £779.60
VAT £155.92
Total £935.5
Additional Discount - £120.00
Next Business Day Delivery Service - FREE £0.00

From Gumtree , Bo  £619.00

Hikvison 2MP 8 Cameras Full Turbo-HD System:

8ch HiWatch Turbo-HD PRO DVR 3TB HDD
4x HiWatch 2MP Full HD 1080P Day/Night Dome Cameras - VF 2.8-12mm Lens (white)
4x HiWatch 2MP Full HD 1080P Day/Night Dome Cameras - 2.8mm Lens (white)
2x 100meters RG59+Power Shotgun CCTV Cable
BNC Connectors & DC Plugs
8x IP65 Boxes (white or black)
1x PSU for Cameras

cleardot.gif

From Ebay.
1) Hikvision DVR with a 3 TB HDD: eBay item number: 112401639519 £219.99
2)Varifocal Dome 2.8 mm- 12mm: eBay item number: 112068914950 £34.99 
3) Fixed Lense Dome 3.6 mm: eBay item number: 152179389383 £21.99
4) 5 AMP PSU and splitter not listed, we have 3.17 AMP please refer to the following listing: 151585068881
5) We don't stock CAT 5 cable
6) We don't stock Video Baluns
7) DC power socket
8) Weather proof Junction boxes: eBay item number: 112783515299.

Foscam reply.

Thank you for contacting Foscam Support.

Please see answers below:

If you want to purchase these, please check Amazon or check this: https://www.foscam.com/where-to-buy.html. They are our resellers.

Best Regards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your satisfaction is our goal. Any feedback will be highly valued.
If you have any suggestion to our service or product, please e-mail feedback@foscam.com 

Sannce Amazon (Customer Service)

For your requirements, we are glad to recommend the suitable camera system for you.
But we feel sorry that we do not sell 3TB hard drive, is the 2TB or 4TB acceptable?
Here are the listings:
The DVR with 3.6mm Lens 1080P camera system 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074N571RN

Hard drive:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0739VBPFZ : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075MXJ9M3

2.8-12mm lens cameras: ttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B019PSU22I

Hope it could be helpful.

Nice day
Melissa
ANNKE Customer Care

What's distance from house to where you park car and is it a clear view ?

Thank you guys for your reply.

I have tiredessly and still continuing fighting with the council, council officers, councillors ,pact meeting and no joy easy answer they come out with, we look at safety first and they do not want spend any money on parking bay or even driveway ,as we live on main road and there are mixed residents and businesses and they are not interested. When you car get damaged or vandalised , it is Police matter nothing to do with the council. Like I said to the council ,these things happens due parking problem, overflow of cars from each houses and I live on the main road , it has the limited bay , so you can only park for an hour.

i was intending to park at the back in another street, there is no restriction, but I am parking away from home. So this is where I was going to park my car, which is 50 metre distance from my house. Where I parked I will not be able to see the car, unless if I have cctv and putting the camera on a 3rd party wall , which they said I can install camera on the wall.

I will ignore the DIY kit from Swann, Sannce from Screwfix, Maplins, and other DIY retailers.

i will look at the ico website. CAT5e and RG59+2c both cables are fine then, as I thought the camera keep updating and I thought nowadays they used the CAT5e cable.

small car camera or dash cams can this be used even when the car not in used, i very rarely used the car, I walk it to work, I work locally , sometimes it only gets moved once a week or if I am going out at weekend. I was told to use your dashcam it will work of your car 12volt battery and if you don’t use car often, battery will go dead. 

Parking space is not guaranteed, usually I put parking cones to reserve the space, they do get moved depending on each person, as cones are not guaranteed parking space if moved. Front of the property there is no Guarantee parking space, opposite side is all Double yellows lines and outside our house is parking space of 6 spaces and 40 houses wants to park outside our house. So it is like Whacky raves. So wireless camera is not option due to other factors.

Hi Norman,

it is mostly terraced houses where I live and there used to be council garages up the road, but they have knocked down and it is just an empty land further up the road where I live, it is 95% off street parking and we have space in our garden, where we can turn it to driveway, but the council will not willing to talk and not interested. Well where I live is conservation area and to apply I need planning, submit planning , submit site plan, submit elevation plan, needs a heritage statement , need front elevation plan , which will jus t cost around £1000 and there is no guarantee for dropped kerb permission. I then have to pay county council for the dropped kerb on top of the planning fees.

i searched internet round our area for garages to rent and there none available for rent.

Part of the issue is you don't really use the car often enough I suppose. From what I can tell the bay is only restricted during the day but I can understand you maybe unlikely to get a space outside of those times.

Certainly advise you don't block parking with cones or the like as this is considered as obstructing the highway and could lead to a Fixed Penalty Notice.

I actually agree with Norm, I am sure the insurance would favour a lock-up over on street parking maybe any savings on the insurance could be put towards that.

If you really want to park your car in front of your house you could knock the front wall out and apply for a dropped kerb which would mean they would have to adjust the bay then.

Unfortunately this would likely be refused if there is not enough distance from the property to the pavement, normally a car length; so may not be an option.

As for your query on car cams they use a small amount of current but may drain the battery over a longer period time if you don't regularly use the vehicle.

The solution to this would be a separate battery just for the camera unit that would be charged via some sort of split charge setup. No footage if the battery goes flat but at least you can start your car.

20 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Norman,

it is mostly terraced houses where I live and there used to be council garages up the road, but they have knocked down and it is just an empty land further up the road where I live, it is 95% off street parking and we have space in our garden, where we can turn it to driveway, but the council will not willing to talk and not interested. Well where I live is conservation area and to apply I need planning, submit planning , submit site plan, submit elevation plan, needs a heritage statement , need front elevation plan , which will jus t cost around £1000 and there is no guarantee for dropped kerb permission. I then have to pay county council for the dropped kerb on top of the planning fees.

i searched internet round our area for garages to rent and there none available for rent.

Ok so next thing is to work out what lens you need on the camera to zoom from your house to the 50m mark and work out the size you need at that distance 

A good bullet with zoom lens would do it I am guessing something with 22x motorised zoom will do it but bullet with long range leds 

You boss going to give him some DIY advice or what , shall I keep blagging my way through 

This 50mtr is not straight forward, as it will be parked at the back of the house, so we have the alleyway and then the street, so i have to place the camera in the alleyway to face the exit of the alleyway, where i will have to park my car, so it can be visible from the street.

I can not place the camera anywhere else.

I rather have the CCTV , so it recording 24hrs day and without worrying about the Battery dying out.

I got another reply from the Sancce.

ANNKE 8CH 1080P HD-TVI Realtime Surveillance DVR Recorder System, One 2TB HDD Included, with 8x 1080P IP66 Weatherproof Camera System, Superior IR LED Night Vision, HD Over Analog/BNC, Cloud Storage, Smart Playback

Explore more Alexa & Smart Home products.

by ANNKE

Price: £599.99 
Sale: £349.99 FREE UK delivery.
You Save: £250.00 (42%)

In stock.

Get it as soon as 13 - 16 Apr. when you choose Express Delivery at checkout. Details
Dispatched from and sold by ANNKE Security Technology.

1 new from £349.99

• 1080P video viewing, recording and playback. True day and night monitoring with up to 66ft night vision and smart IR. Powerful TVI/CVI/AHD/CVBS/IP 5-in-1 DVR. DVR supports the maximum 3MP video recording
  • Upload your alarm video clips and snapshots to the free Google Drive, OneDrive or Dropbox cloud and access them wherever you are. Install the free app to watch live monitoring video on your Android or iOS devices
  • Cutting edge H.264+ compression doubles your storage by lowering the recording bandwidth, now your 1TB HDD can be used as 2TB or more. Dual-stream design, main-stream local recording and sub-stream remote viewing
  • Smart HDD bad sector detection to timely detect HDD failure and keep your system in a perfect working state. Smart motion detection email notification informs you of unexpected movements captured by cameras
  • IP66 weatherproof cameras with 82.2 degree wide field of view for indoor and outdoor use. Professional system with CE,FCC and HDMI certificate, qualified power adapters. Reliable and professional system you can trust
 See more product details

Back alleyway turning left - south side  (6).JPG

Back alleyway turning left - south side  (4).JPG

rear alleway, where i want a wirless camera, so i can monitor my car, when i have to park at the back of the house on St Anthonys Rd (6).JPG

rear alleway, where i want a wirless camera, so i can monitor my car, when i have to park at the back of the house on St Anthonys Rd (9).JPG

rear alleway, where i want a wirless camera, so i can monitor my car, when i have to park at the back of the house on St Anthonys Rd (3).JPG

rear alleway, where i want a wirless camera, so i can monitor my car, when i have to park at the back of the house on St Anthonys Rd (10).JPG

So what's distance from nearest camera point to where car is parked , I assume distance becomes shorter?

Maybe do an overhead drawing 

By the way if your going DIY hiwatch is probably the equipment you may want to use , but with a full size recorder not the little square box in some kits , they are hybrid versions so you can fit diff cams to them depending on what you need 

Shame you don't have budget £2500 ? Do it once get contractor in? 

Your far from Manchester ? I sure someone near you can give you a quote less hassle for you but whatever DIY it if you have to

1 hour ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Distance will become shorter from the camera to the car about 20 metres. Distance from my house to 50metres.

is this another brand Hiwatch or are you talking about Hikvision ?

You have hiwatch above in your list, it's DIY for hikvision now

Where you mount the car camera you may need two 

One giving a wide view and another giving a close up 

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Also I was pretty sure the hik7204 etc is all hiwatch, you can only buy the DIY range of hik called hiwatch that's what there selling you and it will do the job 

Thanks Al yeti.

What about the below brand ANNKE , are they any good ?

the reason I am asking it around £350

ANNKE 8CH 1080P HD-TVI Realtime Surveillance DVR Recorder System, One 2TB HDD Included, with 8x 1080P IP66 Weatherproof Camera System, Superior IR LED Night Vision, HD Over Analog/BNC, Cloud Storage, Smart Playback

51 minutes ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Thanks Al yeti.

What about the below brand ANNKE , are they any good ?

the reason I am asking it around £350

Forget that total waste of time 

Annke

Swamn

Maplins....

Screwfix....

All will give you trouble , at least with hikvision it's based around the pro-diy gear and now they have DIY gear , I say that because that's what there game plan was before 

But it's still worth getting it fitted just to remind you of that lol

Hi Al yeti,

What about the brand Dahua ?

I can get the same spec for all at £400.00 direct from China, as i have colleague who we work with he got me this price, so i thinking of buying it from China.

My company used Andy brand, purchased from China.

Edited by CARETAKER46
just forgot to add.

7 hours ago, CARETAKER46 said:

Hi Al yeti,

What about the brand Dahua ?

I can get the same spec for all at £400.00 direct from China, as i have colleague who we work with he got me this price, so i thinking of buying it from China.

My company used Andy brand, purchased from China.

You think they good copies?

Camera will be sent with our company goods, so duty and import cost will be covered by the company, i just need to pay for the Camera.

I thought i buy direct from the wholesale CCTV supplier in China Dahua, as it is half the price from the Amazon.

Andy our company installed it, but they are not that clever, so he told me to buy another Brand and one of the guys who i purchased told me he fits Dahua and it is a good brand and good quality, so this is the reason i thought i buy this brand Dahua.

I have not purchased anything as yet, just doing my homework, getting prices, getting advice from you guys and then decide what to do.