Security Installer Community

Cash rooms

A client who has a large commercial premises is adding a cash room during their refurb, it will be on its on group that can only be set and unset by management with a maglock to prevent anyone gaining entry when set. Does there have to be a keypad in there since it's on its own area or can we set and unset outside of its group on another keypad? Regs don't seem to be very clear about it and don't want to upset anyone. 

Edited by xpertalarms

If your putting a maglock on the door to prevent opening when set, how you going to get in if you put the keypad in the room as you mention above.

The ones we have done were a separate area or separate system with access control on the door and monitored locks if it was an area on a bigger system so it had to be armed and locked before the main system would set.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

We were thinking of putting a keypad in there for setting purposes only but there would be no point as the nearest keypad is in the corridor that's 2 rooms away which would be fine. Other option would be a max reader on the outside of the cash room. The group logic will be setup so the rest of the building can't be set unless the cash room is. 

How will the final exit be terminated or are you planning timed set? I'm sure somewhere in the regs monitored systems have to have a way of ok'ing the set procedure i.e. final door, push to set? 

You haven't said its monitored to be fair...

BS8243 - 6.3 if you have access to the regs...

Basically states timed set is prohibited. Correct methods - Shunt lock on final door, Push to set, Final door contact, Digital key, in conjunction with ARC (not familiar with this type).

You may have no choice to stick a keypad inside?

3 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

G3 monitoring, shall check out that section of the regs. Wanted to do it on instant set but looks like we'll put a keypad inside and a push to set on the outside in that case. 

Not sure where you'd stand with instant set, I'm not sure what the regs means by digital key to be honest so maybe this refers to code via instant set? Don't know... Someone on here will no doubt. 

3.1.14 digital key device used for setting and/or unsetting an IAS which can be removed from the supervised premises Such a device/key was formerly known as “Portable Ancillary Control Equipment” abbreviated to “Portable ACE” or “PACE”. Examples of digital keys include magnetic card, electronic token or similar, provided these keys have the required number of differs according to the Grade of the I&HAS (see Table 3 of BS EN 50131-1:2006+A1:2009)