Security Installer Community

Alarm - FULL MOT?

7 hours ago, TimbreSaw said:

I'm grateful for your replies,

I've paid to have my Valliant boiler serviced every year - by finding engineers through an engineers forum.

I kept my potterton lynx 2 going for 15yrs or myself it was a right old beast , in the end just got a new boiler as old stuff has to go

But you will still see old alarms being serviced by some companies because they get a contract a monthly fee and all the stuff 

If you had been on a contract you wouldn't get any upgrades for years on those controls by most 

But get it upgraded geezer might fail as soon as it's serviced.....

9 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Proper old collectors job

My old alarm collector pops in once a week

& Empties the wheelie bin

Edited by MrHappy

Mr? Veritas God

By the time you pay for a service and speech dialler it wouldn't be much more to stick in a euro with the app functionality and at least have some confidence in it, your old panel is on borrowed time the electrolytic caps will be dried out, the prom and nvm will be at the end of their useful life and if you havent had it serviced in so long the charging circuit will be shagged. Things wear out, especially when neglected but even when nurtured they have a finite life and replacing the worn parts before they let you down when you need them most is preventative maintenance.

9 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

By the time you pay for a service and speech dialler it wouldn't be much more to stick in a euro with the app functionality and at least have some confidence in it, your old panel is on borrowed time the electrolytic caps will be dried out, the prom and nvm will be at the end of their useful life and if you havent had it serviced in so long the charging circuit will be shagged. Things wear out, especially when neglected but even when nurtured they have a finite life and replacing the worn parts before they let you down when you need them most is preventative maintenance.

Quoted for agreement

10 devices on a 8 zone panel?

Prices would vary depending on who you get and your location. Also would depend if you have agreed a fixed price for the job or if you will be charged a call out/per hour.

I'd contact some local companies to get a rough idea, that doesn't mean to say you should necessarily choose the cheapest.

9 hours ago, TimbreSaw said:

Last serviced five years ago.

5 PIR's

2 Shock Sensors

2 Panic Buttons

One door contact

Bell & Strobe.

What would be a reasonable price for the service/recommission?

Why recommission? Have you mashed it up ?

Average £60-80 service doesn't include parts 

ypu supply your own parts and it fails then you pay labour again 

Commission minimum £250+ and it's not there problem if system is mashed up 

Fault finding £35 first hour? On top of all of that 

Good guess ?

Appreciate the responses.

Take a look:

Pad shows St - basic clean and reset needed. I wonder if there are fuses in it that should be replaced as a matter of course?

Could anybody tell em if the fuses should be replaced as a matter of course - since even if they are 'working' - they have been there a while.

And then service - to the point that all the measurements be retaken and a full walk through test be done.

I'll be straight forward - battery is new.

Won't be installing anything - just doing a full MOT.

Opinions and contributions as to a fair price is would help me greatly

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg