Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer comms issue

I just upgraded my old Castle Caretech panel and 3 zems, to a Pyronix Enforcer and 4 new zems. The extra Zem is ncessary at the side of the new panel because the new panel only has 2 inputs. I am using all the old sensors and cabling as they worked perfectly previously.  I am finding that each time i arm the system,  three comms errors appear in the log during the 5 minutes after the alarm is set. No further errors are ever logged while the alarm is set, and it has never falsely triggered. I've got the phone app working nicely and I am pleased with the information it gives me.

So, trying to troubleshoot this....The documentation for my old system recommended that a terminator resistor should be fitted across pins C & D on the last device on the RS485 chain. I have not seen any mention of this in the Enforcer documentation. I have tried  including and omitting the resistor on the final zem. The same 3 error are logged each time I arm the system.

I'm powering all 4 Zems from the Enforcer panel. The documentation seems to be saying that this is OK. 

Can anyone suggest how else I can troubleshoot this please?

Thanks,

Ian

I haven't disconnected any Zems yet. Would I lose the configuration of the zones on the Zem if I did?

When I press 'C' to get more info on each error event, It displays 'Control Panel'. I don't know how to get more info.

I just noticed also that I'm getting 3 comm errors in the 5 minutes after disarming the panel. For instance, here are the log entries from when I arrived home this evening:

17:55:19 Entry time start - Full Set Front Door

17:55:25 Unset - Main keys Full set

17:57: 06 Comm Fault - Control Panel

17:57:13 Comm Restored - Control Panel

17:59:02 Comm Fault - Control Panel

17:59:06 Comm Restored -Control Panel

18:01:43 Comm Fault - Control Panel

18:01:47 Comm restored - Control Panel

I find it strange that there are always 3 sets of entries, and that they are always in the 5 minutes after arming/disarming the panel, and that there are never any further comm errors until after I have armed/disarmed the panel again.

I don't really know this panel , you have put on exit wireless that might be causing this?

Not sure about the settings just talking general blag if you get me ......

Or perhaps you have created areas or groups or whatever they are on the panel more blag 

>> you have put on exit wireless that might be causing this?

This is a 100% wired system. Nothing is wireless. Every zone is in Area A, and the downstairs zones are also in Area B. Intelligent set is configured to set Area A if I exit via the front door. Otherwise it sets Area B (downstairs only). I haven't reconnected the (single) bell yet though. (it was raining on Monday when I finished connecting everything else. So i didn't want to get my ladders wet). Even when the bell is reconnected, I wouldn't expect it to draw more than a few miiliamps.

I don't know what digi programmed is. I configured everything via the control panel if that helps. The only communication card is the wifi card which came with the panel.

So is something polling and failing to connect 

Check all your network settings 

PS don't forget bell needs to be in scb mode and if it doesn't have it , get one that does

Edited by al-yeti

I would have thought that the network settings were not part of this problem. The panel is just above my wireless router, so it gets excellent signal strength. It has a valid IP address and connects to the Pyronix server without a problem. I can always log in from the app on my iPhone, although I probably never connected during the brief spells during which the comms are down.

The error is logged as a comms error. To me that means RS485. Two of the zems are side by side in my loft. I still have the 12V lead acid battery from my old panel. I will try using it to power those zems temporarily, and see if it makes a difference.

Yes my Bell is in SCB mode. I will reconnect it tomorrow weather permitting.

Logs from this morning as I left the house.....

7:18:31 Exit started by Main Keys Full set

7:18:40 Final Set - Main Keys full set

7:20:24 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:20:28 Comm Restore - Control Panel

7:23:03 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:23:10 Comm Restored - Control Panel

7:24:58 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:25:03 Comm Restored - Control Panel

1 hour ago, HoofHearted said:

I would have thought that the network settings were not part of this problem. The panel is just above my wireless router, so it gets excellent signal strength. It has a valid IP address and connects to the Pyronix server without a problem. I can always log in from the app on my iPhone, although I probably never connected during the brief spells during which the comms are down.

The error is logged as a comms error. To me that means RS485. Two of the zems are side by side in my loft. I still have the 12V lead acid battery from my old panel. I will try using it to power those zems temporarily, and see if it makes a difference.

Yes my Bell is in SCB mode. I will reconnect it tomorrow weather permitting.

Logs from this morning as I left the house.....

7:18:31 Exit started by Main Keys Full set

7:18:40 Final Set - Main Keys full set

7:20:24 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:20:28 Comm Restore - Control Panel

7:23:03 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:23:10 Comm Restored - Control Panel

7:24:58 Comm Fault - Control Panel

7:25:03 Comm Restored - Control Panel

You try power cycling? 

You sure you dont have anything programmed into the arc settings?

Also if the zems, ewd and detection are all powered off the panel you are overloading the power supply. Are they the mains powered zems with their own battery or the small ones?

Edited by petrolhead

5 minutes ago, petrolhead said:

You sure you dont have anything programmed into the arc settings?

Ah you see dude turns up and remembers all these terms , arc settings as he says or a Digi mistake somewhere

Or reboot might work lol 

Out of interest why would you fit an enforcer when a euro 46 is the more appropriate panel for the job?

Pretty sure it says 485 fail when it cant poll a zem, comm fail would be signalling

Edited by petrolhead

2 hours ago, grantc said:

How many h/w pirs fitted? 

As above sounds line to much being driven off the panel.

Has all detection been successfully walk tested? Voltages at detectors?

For Comms issue?

2 hours ago, petrolhead said:

Out of interest why would you fit an enforcer when a euro 46 is the more appropriate panel for the job?

Pretty sure it says 485 fail when it cant poll a zem, comm fail would be signalling

Come on man , enforcer is more DIY friendly no? When doing wireless though....

8 hours ago, al-yeti said:

For Comms issue?

Come on man , enforcer is more DIY friendly no? When doing wireless though....

I've never seen that message if a digi fails to dial out or a line isn't present on an enforcer so I'm guessing it is nothing to do with the arc/Comms side of things.

18 hours ago, petrolhead said:

because a panel, keypad, app card & 3 zem is much dearer than an enforcer + 4 zem ?

Mr? Veritas God

remove all wired devices off the system & set & then unset the alarm

if a fault are still logged, move the router further away from the controls & try again

if you get it working next test is wire everything back set it , remove power & let it ring for a bit turn it off & leave the power off for bit longer....

Mr? Veritas God