Security Installer Community

Texecom prox tag /fobs info

People for the premier elite keypads can you only use texe tags or are other ones ok to use

We normally use visonic and galaxy systems and got a load of their chicklets and fobs and left a couple on site after installing a texe panel and keypad for customer to programme but their not working

Obviously we are not fully clued up on the texe stuff but do they work a bit different as I know the visonic chicklets and galaxy fobs do work eotb each other and scanny keypad etc...

cheers all

2 hours ago, james.wilson said:

the Texecom reprogrammes the fob i believe so std em fobs won't work

I thought standard fobs work, and only a problem if you have it programmed to more than one system ?

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, al-yeti said:

I thought standard fobs work, and only a problem if you have it programmed to more than one system ?

Y the negative lol

It is fact if you use a fob somewhere else and then use it on a texe it will delete what you did before or something like that 

And depends on your definition of standard fobs , copy fobs lol pretty standard if you ask me 

7 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

it is worrying how many people think they are secure

I never understood Prox unset

Why isn't it Prox set , code unset or I probably confused anyway lol

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

The problem was that customers forgot the code on the way in, it didnt matter if they forgot it on the way out. 

Standard fobs wont work with texe, you can prog texe fobs to work with other panels. There are a few manufacturers that have used secure format, and others that have used facility codes so that other fobs dont work with their panels but very few are actually using a format that cannot be read at all

42 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

The problem was that customers forgot the code on the way in, it didnt matter if they forgot it on the way out. 

Standard fobs wont work with texe, you can prog texe fobs to work with other panels. There are a few manufacturers that have used secure format, and others that have used facility codes so that other fobs dont work with their panels but very few are actually using a format that cannot be read at all

Not sure if you install the q70 but odd how the new Honeywell wafer type won't work with them , but they work with the remote keypads

And yes your new grey ones work very well many lol they seemed to have fast response compared to rest 

58 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Haha another negative , what a muppet 

45 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

I thought it was a compliance thing , it being in certain sections of most programming on many panels, meaning the Prox unset restrict keypad blah blah 

30 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Not sure if you install the q70 but odd how the new Honeywell wafer type won't work with them , but they work with the remote keypads

And yes your new grey ones work very well many lol they seemed to have fast response compared to rest 

Haha another negative , what a muppet 

Q70 and the older 1070 have a different facility code,I dont know how much longer HKC will have that for though, once the ACT stock runs out who knows what they will be doing