Security Installer Community

Eurosec CP8 L Problems

Hi, After some help. My new build had an Alarm installed when I bought it. Consists of a CP8L, with an internal CQR SONIT2 Sounder, extender and a couple of KeyFobs. When we bought the house we got told the 'Code' by the Builder handover person, but never used it or set others, we just used the fob whenever we wanted to set the Alarm. We also ddi not sign up to the £200 per year Annual service fee, which seemed quite a lot at the time.

The Alarm has now started to misbehave, it goes off internally from time to time (not externally) and as we have no code the only way to get the sounder to turn off is to press the buttons on the fob.

Problem 1: It appear that to turn the noise off we have to press the 'Arm' button on the fob (the one with the closed padlock) the unarm button does not stop the noise, does not seem correct.

Problem 2: The KYP permanently shows **ENTER CODE** on line 1 and on line 2 **CHECK**, which does not appear to be a display shown in either the user manual or the Installation manual.

Problem 2: left my 18yo son in the house and when it went off (he was in the room next  to the internal sounder), after failing to stop it with the fob, he pulled the SONIT2 sounder off the wall and simply cut the wires at the back - did the job.

Problem 3: No matter how I try to enter combinations of codes as per User manual the message above does not change...until I get a Lock out, which I can manage to clear by pressing the Fob buttons.

Problem 4: Occasionally, and not clear how, manage to get a different display after random keyfob pressing and am able to 'scroll' through zones, some of which  have an ' o!' system on the right, except for one which has an 'L!', what does this mean? Manuals are silent on the symbol. I also think I saw that one sensor said something like 'HALL Can't Set', but cannot seem to replicate as can't get past the enter code/check message.

Problem 5: I have noticed that some of the PIR's have stopped the red flash from time to time, I though they were all wired, but if they are Wireless and have flat batteries would this impact the whole system? I did look for instructions on how to change battery on the RISCO DigiSense PIR's, but again did not want to take them apart as I am guessing they have tamper springs inside.

Basically I am stuck! Can't afford ATM to call in a 'Service Engineer' as I am totally skint, quite good at DIY, and the Installation Manual makes sense, but I cannot seem to get to a point where I can get a display that matches up with the manual. Any body any idea what may be going on?

I want to get back to a position where I know the Master ARM code, and have programmed a couple of others, and have the ability to actually test the zones to see what does and does not work.

When I take the CPQ apart, to get at the connector insider with some rather short wiring stubs, I am going to have to re-solder/connect some new wires the end of the short ones now poking out of the wall, I ma expecting to find the system identifies some sort of Tamper condition, again needing to do some re-setting via the KYD.

My next step is to remove the fuse from the spur, wait a while and then proceed according to the manual, but am I missing something?

Any ideas welcome on how to get to the bottom of my 'Mare'

Blue

Edited by sixwheeledbeast

Can you post a pic of the keypad and alarm box? 

I think your system will be the Eurosec CPX withe the wireless receiver as the CP8L is not compatible with Risco wireless devices.

From reading your post it looks like there are wireless devices that need the battery changing. Do you have 2 types of PIRs or door contacts in the property?

Without the user code (5678 default) there is not much you can do as I would advise you to look through the log to see what has happened.

The panel can be defaulted to the 5678 code but if the engineer code is locked then there is not much you can do as this will not default the engineer code and if the panel is on engineer tamper reset you will need the code.

I would google on how to reset the user codes to start with, change the panel battery, wireless devices batteries and see how it goes.

Hillbilly,

Thanks for the reply. I can't upload pictures at present at not at home.

It does indeed look like a CPX, as visually the KPD is the same. the Control panel also has the RISCO/GARDTEC 8 channel receiver mounted directly above it in the cupboard.

What threw me was that the Phone socket above the Unit is not used, the alarm is not connected to Phone system, so assumed that the original installer had installed an Alarm without this function, which the CP8L does not have. Why would you install an Alarm with all these extra features and then not connect to the phone network?

I have now checked the RISCO Installation Guide and User manual for the CPX and it does show !!Enter Code!! and !!!!Check!!!! as a standard message, which is does not for the CP8L.

Is it correct to assume that this is the message that I shown if the system is in an unset state?

I think I will go away and read the CPX manual right through, as I have never seen these before (the original installer did not leave ANY documentation/Manuals with the builder), and was party the reasons why I did not sign up to the £200/yr service charge.

I got charged £650 to cover the system install 4 years ago  (added to my bill by the builder as it was already installed), but got no manuals instructions or telephone link, which is why I only ever used the Fob, which has in the past seemed to work.

I have never been able to access ANY menu functions before as these don't seem to be available form the Fob, and without instruction I did not know how, so never set any User codes either, just forgot the one the builder told us the Installation Engineer had set.

I have a front door sensor which I believe is wireless, but it does chime. I have  four PIR's in several rooms, which all look the same and I was told were 'PETSAFE', think these are RISCO Digisense, never looked at whether they need batteries or not, I assumed they were wired, and that is all. As I said I believe I can find a symbol which might indicate that one of the sensors 'Can't Set' Check, so I will try to work out which one that is and see if the batteries are required.

So for £650 I got 4 PIR's, a front door sensor, a CPX LCD panel and Wireless extender and 2 Fobs. No Phone connection or manuals. Perhaps not great VFM.

if I understand correctly, if I try to Arm the system, it does a Pre Exit Check, if it finds a fault like can't check a sensor then it stops arming and returns to unset mode....so I need to track down the faulty sensor first before anything else.

Will it show the Wires that have been cut to the CQR Sounder as a new Tamper fault?

What I do know is that if the display shows the !!!Enter Code!!! Check then if I enter 5678 followed by YES nothing happens, if I enter 1234 followed by YES nothing happens.

I am going to try the method a) in the CPX Eng Ref Guide during an initial Power up and see if that defaults the Codes back to the above, I assume that Power off by removing Fuze from Spur is adequate, and I don't need to enter the CPX unit to remove the battery as well?

Thanks

Blue

7 hours ago, BlueMax said:

Hillbilly,

Thanks for the reply. I can't upload pictures at present at not at home.

It does indeed look like a CPX, as visually the KPD is the same. the Control panel also has the RISCO/GARDTEC 8 channel receiver mounted directly above it in the cupboard.

What threw me was that the Phone socket above the Unit is not used, the alarm is not connected to Phone system, so assumed that the original installer had installed an Alarm without this function, which the CP8L does not have. Why would you install an Alarm with all these extra features and then not connect to the phone network?

I have now checked the RISCO Installation Guide and User manual for the CPX and it does show !!Enter Code!! and !!!!Check!!!! as a standard message, which is does not for the CP8L.

Is it correct to assume that this is the message that I shown if the system is in an unset state?

I think I will go away and read the CPX manual right through, as I have never seen these before (the original installer did not leave ANY documentation/Manuals with the builder), and was party the reasons why I did not sign up to the £200/yr service charge.

I got charged £650 to cover the system install 4 years ago  (added to my bill by the builder as it was already installed), but got no manuals instructions or telephone link, which is why I only ever used the Fob, which has in the past seemed to work.

I have never been able to access ANY menu functions before as these don't seem to be available form the Fob, and without instruction I did not know how, so never set any User codes either, just forgot the one the builder told us the Installation Engineer had set.

I have a front door sensor which I believe is wireless, but it does chime. I have  four PIR's in several rooms, which all look the same and I was told were 'PETSAFE', think these are RISCO Digisense, never looked at whether they need batteries or not, I assumed they were wired, and that is all. As I said I believe I can find a symbol which might indicate that one of the sensors 'Can't Set' Check, so I will try to work out which one that is and see if the batteries are required.

So for £650 I got 4 PIR's, a front door sensor, a CPX LCD panel and Wireless extender and 2 Fobs. No Phone connection or manuals. Perhaps not great VFM.

if I understand correctly, if I try to Arm the system, it does a Pre Exit Check, if it finds a fault like can't check a sensor then it stops arming and returns to unset mode....so I need to track down the faulty sensor first before anything else.

Will it show the Wires that have been cut to the CQR Sounder as a new Tamper fault?

What I do know is that if the display shows the !!!Enter Code!!! Check then if I enter 5678 followed by YES nothing happens, if I enter 1234 followed by YES nothing happens.

I am going to try the method a) in the CPX Eng Ref Guide during an initial Power up and see if that defaults the Codes back to the above, I assume that Power off by removing Fuze from Spur is adequate, and I don't need to enter the CPX unit to remove the battery as well?

Thanks

Blue

£650 cheap

• Upvote 1