Security Installer Community

Gardtec 800 series help?

Luke d

Hello all.

Really hoping I can have some brief help with this. 

Got a services gardtec 800 series. Recently fully serviced and all ok. Went to change our user code. Went in to menu selected prog user codes... selected user 1 it then asked some kind of question like:

Is this an ACE user?

My memory is a little hazy here but I'm pretty sure I backed out of the menus.. I definitely did nt change  code.

Now system says unset but my code does not work. Keypad beeps but no longer recognises code.

Rang company and they said impossible... I couldn't delete code only change it... which I didn't..

Any ideas what to do/check? Don't rwally want to keep messing in case of anti tamper!

Thanks

Luke

I don't know the panel well but I would agree that you should only be able to change a master code and not delete it.

I can only suggest the code has been changed or defaulted by accident while you where in the menu. Maybe while you where escaping the menus?

Incorrect code entry will create a tamper event if you keep trying.

If you don't know the code the only suggestion is to get your company out to reprogram it for you.

If you pressed no when in changing code the code would have defaulted. Try the default code which could be 1234 or 5678 or 7890 (check the user manual). If this does not work your installer will be able to default the code for you but they will most likely charge you  

On 20/03/2018 at 20:49, PeterJames said:

If you pressed no when in changing code the code would have defaulted. Try the default code  (check the user manual). If this does not work your installer will be able to default the code for you but they will most likely charge you  

I gonna charge you!

Edited by sixwheeledbeast