Security Installer Community

no time and date on backup

bjj

Hi can anyone please help I have a Samsung SRD 1673D DVR If I view recorded footage on the DVR it shows the time and date but if burned to a cd-r or DVD+RW  footage is ok but there is no time and date I have been through settings on the DVR but can not find any settings for this 

any help please

bj

Hi James thanks for the quick reply I have just been looking for overlay but nothing jumps out at me I am running the backup on a mac but have just burnt it to a stick and run it on a windows pc but it is just the same footage ok but still no time and date

if you have no more ideas many thanks for your help  anyway

bj

Hi thanks for your reply I did message James as I could not sort out how to reply to his post after my post but in the backup burn there was a piece of software called ffdshow when installed to the pc and viewed through the software it worked ok you are right it was some sort of codec that needed to be installed to fully view the footage

many thanks for your help keep up the good work

bj

11 hours ago, bjj said:

Hi thanks for your reply I did message James as I could not sort out how to reply to his post after my post but in the backup burn there was a piece of software called ffdshow when installed to the pc and viewed through the software it worked ok you are right it was some sort of codec that needed to be installed to fully view the footage

many thanks for your help keep up the good work

bj

You mean it writes a file software for you to playback the recording , which Samsung have to modes , Avi and sec which needs the software as it's secure

May not help but anyway

Ive found on a few older dvr's the DandT has been exported and just is not viewable

has it has to be to chosen on the player

One old Sanyo was just "Show Subtiitles" within windows media player

No idea on Samsung, Just a thought

Edited by Barsnake