Security Installer Community

Texecom Premiere Elite Wireless (64-W) Reliability

pduk

Hi all:

I have been installing Texecom Premiere Elite 48 (wired) for a while with great success and reliability.

I now need to install a wireless alarm as I have come across a property where running the cables with be too difficult.

As I know Texecom very well I am looking into install their wireless alarm, specifically the 64-W Kit-0002 with a few add-ons (panic button etc).

Can anyone please give me their experience of how reliable this system is?

Any advice...

Thanks v much

ive got some out there, and on the whole they are very good.

the only issue i have found is if your sab signal is low, it will drop in and out, causing it to continually poll, which the kills the batteries.

if you can hard wire the bell i would. apart from that no dramas

Edited by mjvesq1969

3 hours ago, mjvesq1969 said:

ive got some out there, and on the whole they are very good.

the only issue i have found is if your sab signal is low, it will drop in and out, causing it to continually poll, which the kills the batteries.

if you can hard wire the bell i would. apart from that no dramas

Doesnt it give signal level readings? Then fit repeater where necessary

This is where I like the hkc RF wand, you can measure every point where it can be a problem 

7 hours ago, mjvesq1969 said:

if you can hard wire the bell i would. 

Hi thx, the kit comes with the Odyssey X-W . I do think I can find a route for the bell, do you know if this bell allows for hard wire (in addition to wireless)?

Also have you used the PIRs that come with this kit? The Premier Compact PW-W. the ones I've used on my wired installations have been great and hoping these are regarded as good PIRs too?

Thanks again

No, you need to select a wired or wireless bell they do not do both.

Kit ones are normally the basic version of the PIR, not the Elite QD or DT versions which are better.

Basically most of the wireless kits provide a budget option to try to compete with other manufactures kits.

If you want to pick you would have to buy individually.

22 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

No, you need to select a wired or wireless bell they do not do both.

Kit ones are normally the basic version of the PIR, not the Elite QD or DT versions which are better.

Thanks. I have Elite QD (wired) in all my installations and they work great, never had an issue with them.

It is annoying as I can't get a bundle that fits what I need which includes: wireless panel + 3x QD-W PIRs + Wired Bell. 

Having not used the basic PIRs before I am tempted to buy the Kit-0001, add a wired bell, wireless PA, and dialer. Do some long run tests on that and switch out for the QD-W at a later date (if required).