Security Installer Community

CNM Primus 8 ch Power Fault

acestu

17 hours ago, acestu said:

Hi guys,

Yes tried 3 hard drives Yeti, I have several hdd power adapters but switching the drive on and the box on seperately sounds like disaster left with a customer, System Q, excellent find, my search brought this up but I saw that it was currently unavailable and I was looking for cnm's details so I could ring them, but I reckon it could be a 19v AC adapter as all the conversion components are on the pcb,,,,,,,I will let you know 

Thanks

Stuart

External drive psu was only to prove what your saying lol

It's still skip fodder

Hi sussed it,when i  first took the lid off the machine the yellow wires came out of the molex connector on the pcb, so i replaced with another one, what i didn't notice is that the manufacturers have not used the standard configuration on the plug, so when plugging any drive in it was a dead short on the board, anyway all kicks up perfectly now and not so toot and skip worthy now, after all I have shoved 20 volts up its **** and all is still ok.........

cheers

Stuart

2 hours ago, acestu said:

Hi sussed it,when i  first took the lid off the machine the yellow wires came out of the molex connector on the pcb, so i replaced with another one, what i didn't notice is that the manufacturers have not used the standard configuration on the plug, so when plugging any drive in it was a dead short on the board, anyway all kicks up perfectly now and not so toot and skip worthy now, after all I have shoved 20 volts up its **** and all is still ok.........

cheers

Stuart

So must be good earner on this job ?