Security Installer Community

ADE Optima Compact "clicking" and dim power lights after mains power off

ChrisLancs

1 hour ago, al-yeti said:

Maybe electric arcing I would call someone in to power it down before it catches fire 

Or it could be speaker click 

No panic ......

Arcing normally happens when power is on not off?

OP when was the Battery changed?

4 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Arcing normally happens when power is on not off?

OP when was the Battery changed?

Yes it was clicking when switched back on lol come on man get outta that chair and do some call outs.....

10 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

No no you have to get away from that desk dude get the meter out and do some monkey business work

I get upto monkey business all the time, you should have seen my meeting room this afternoon full of access control panels all linked together with loads of readers everywhere, a real nerds paradise 

12 hours ago, PeterJames said:

I get upto monkey business all the time, you should have seen my meeting room this afternoon full of access control panels all linked together with loads of readers everywhere, a real nerds paradise 

Picture man! Will be better than that dodgy picture on website

4 hours ago, al-yeti said:

Picture man! Will be better than that dodgy picture on website

No it just looked like an untidy mess, I just wanted to set it up and make sure every fob worked and every reader worked. Its all put away now its the one room I need to keep tidy we use it to demo stuff for customers.

10 hours ago, norman said:

Why would they not work? 

No reason why it wouldnt. We have never used this kit before so we wanted to set it all up and test it, while we were at it we programmed the system the same as what it was going to be when installed. It saves the engineers getting flustered on site, all they have to do is install the kit and the sw,  run a backup and the system will work. The customer can pre issue the fobs safe in the knowledge that they are programmed and tested.  Staff will get in all doors tenants only the ones they're allowed to get in.

The readers and fobs are secure format so I also wanted to be sure that they were all programmed correctly too. I am fairly happy that the kit is reliable as I have been reliably informed that from trusted sources that it is.

• Like 1