Security Installer Community

Can anyone identify this?

LeepyLee

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone can identify this alarm system please?

The panel is showing "nd-NO PANEL DATA" and all three LEDs are illuminated.

I know the battery is no good and needs changing. All fuses seem to be good (with a meter across them).

The codes are unknown, so will need a factory reset I guess.

Thanks all!

20180209_094712.jpg

20180209_094744.jpg

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Thank you all!

I particularly like the 150 yrs old comment! Not a lot of help, but my kind of humour!

Thanks for the link to Manager Manual too, but does anyone know where I can find a programming manual please, in case I take up the challenge to reset/default or start from scratch?

25 minutes ago, LeepyLee said:

Thank you all!

I particularly like the 150 yrs old comment! Not a lot of help, but my kind of humour!

Thanks for the link to Manager Manual too, but does anyone know where I can find a programming manual please, in case I take up the challenge to reset/default or start from scratch?

Looks like you been in there already, just like my installs excellent

35 minutes ago, LeepyLee said:

Not a lot of help, but my kind of humour!

Not very helpful, why have you got a property or home with no codes to the alarm ?

Personally I think you'd be better calling a co. however we'd only be interested in replacing the controls, but we should be able to retaining the other devices

Mr? Veritas God

25 minutes ago, norman said:

Nah, typical national job that's been taken over a dozen times over the years to save tuppence. 

SD1+GJD make me think its a hous & the 1313 + surge purge say either problem site or the last controls went "puff" in a storm?

• Upvote 1

Mr? Veritas God

Yeah maybe, but I have seen both on commercial. Missed the 1313 good spot. Either way they are too tight to pay for proper monitoring. 

Eta, the bad stipple artex would also point to a resi,but the painted wall for the keypad? 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

6 minutes ago, norman said:

Yeah maybe, but I have seen both on commercial. Missed the 1313 good spot. Either way they are too tight to pay for proper monitoring. 

Eta, the bad stipple artex would also point to a resi,but the painted wall for the keypad? 

Also only 4 circuits in use unless there is an expander

CD95 still on of my fav panels, only issue was programming outputs they wouldn't change until you come out of engineers

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

This system is in a rental property that's been empty for a while. Last tenant never knew the codes so never used the alarm. 

The internal sounder only, was going off when landlord & I visited. He managed to silence the sounder by using the 'poke & hope'  method. But after that, no response from panel... obviously because of data fault. 

As there are only four wires (presumably power & data pairs) between panel & keypad, its easy enough to prove the cabling. Assuming the cabling is OK,  is there a way to prove if the keypad or panel is at fault other than by swapping one or the other? The keypad is obviously getting power as the display is lit. 

1 hour ago, LeepyLee said:

Assuming the cabling is OK,  is there a way to prove if the keypad or panel is at fault other than by swapping one or the other? The keypad is obviously getting power as the display is lit. 

Take the keypad off and wire on on short lead next to the panel or meter the cables out

Its getting parts to swap over that you will find very hard unless there are some on ebay

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

Yeah, as I say assuming the cabling is OK, once proved, is there a way to prove if the keypad or panel is at fault other than by swapping one or the other?

I.e. by using a meter, is it possible to test the data pair both ways, looking into the panel and into the system; what conditions should I see or measure?