Security Installer Community

Repeated false alarms on Veritas 8 system

theGman

Hi,

One of my PIR sensors is giving a false alarm whenever set to "FULL" on a Texecom Veritas 8 system. I've taken the cover off to make sure there was nothing inside the PIR setting off the alarm. Could this be a faulty sensor? Can I disable the PIR until the sensor can be replaced so that I can still use the rest of the alarm system. TIA.

Ok, I guess I'll get a new PIR as the rest of system works fine the false alarm only started  2 days ago. If I do a walk test the sensor activates ok, but today after setting alarm and laeving the house the same false alarm happened within about 20 seconds.

46 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

could be sensor, environment, cable or panel.

Your question is basically, my car wont start what do you think it is?

James, I see that the veritas 8 has an engineer hold off mode, could I swap the PIR thats giving me the false alarm with one of my good ones to diagnose it? How is the hold off activated? Thanks,

3 hours ago, theGman said:

James, I see that the veritas 8 has an engineer hold off mode, could I swap the PIR thats giving me the false alarm with one of my good ones to diagnose it? How is the hold off activated? Thanks,

Yes , you don't have to use engineer hold off though , be careful with the power connections tape them to be safe and take a picture of how it was wired

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Yes , you don't have to use engineer hold off though , be careful with the power connections tape them to be safe and take a picture of how it was wired

Thanks, do I need to power down the alarm before changing the the PIR?

31 minutes ago, theGman said:

Thanks, do I need to power down the alarm before changing the the PIR?

What pirs are they, picture? If it's possible you could remove the power tape them up and then swap boards over etc