Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 bell box issue

Eavesy

So complete DIYER here needing some advice on a Veritas 8 system. 

Houshold alarm has two bell boxes one at front and one at rear of property. Wiring comes from panel in garage to bell box at the front and then goes from here through the loft to bell box at the rear. When alarm is set off front bell box does not alarm or strobe but bellbox at the rear does both. 

One thing to to note is only one green led is flashing in the box which I believe is a battery charging issue.

anyone got any ideas with this initial information. 

checked all wiring connections in front box seem fine and must be as rear box is fine. Also checked battery in box by killing mains. And removing battery lead in panel again only back box sounds.

thanks 

Ok thanks for the replies... any ideas as to what I should do first in order to sort the issue.... after completing the power off and removal of lead from battery in panel only the back box sounds so I assume the battery in front box is dead.... but I assume this bell box shouldn’t work off mains anyway....

Both boxes should sound if power is removed, this is not powered from the mains. However if in Hold-Off mode the bell will not sound anyway so this doesn't prove the battery.

Your next steps are deciding if you competent to diagnose what is wrong with it, I am assuming its just a tamper fault somewhere but you need to test it with a meter and work it out.

The easy way to fix it from a DIY perspective if the field wiring is ok would be to buy two new boxes they will come with colour for colour instructions.

It's likely something an engineer could repair and maybe a service check wouldn't go a miss to aid system reliability, so it's you decision on which way you wish to go.

4 hours ago, Eavesy said:

Ok thanks for the replies... any ideas as to what I should do first in order to sort the issue.... after completing the power off and removal of lead from battery in panel only the back box sounds so I assume the battery in front box is dead.... but I assume this bell box shouldn’t work off mains anyway....

I would say if you have time make a note of how it's wired, written and pictures

Then wire up front bell as a single unit and try and get it to work

Or if you really think it's front battery , change it, it's cheap

And as above can you do this right...