Security Installer Community

Old Garage Alarm

Alex161

46 minutes ago, Alex161 said:

As the alarm system is operated every single day and the alarm goes off if doors are opened, requiring the key to be inserted and turned, it's proof that it works!

does every circuit work...

does the system work when the mains power is off, does the bell ring when the panel is completely powered down

do you have a 20min cut off timer in the external box or does it ring for 3hrs+ ?

• Upvote 1

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

9 minutes ago, Alex161 said:

My enquiry is about my garage and not my house, which has a god wired alarm and serviced annually.

Yes but what alarm do you have in your house Muppet , maybe it can have a wireless area added , as it's so good or is it old hat to 

Just now, Alex161 said:

Probably old, Muppet! Only interested in the garage alarm on it's own Dude!

Ok fair enough fraggle , so your not interested in adding a wireless zones to the garage which maybe cheaper on longer run, if system is maintained as you say will be not much more expensive on service 

30 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

does every circuit work...

does the system work when the mains power is off, does the bell ring when the panel is completely powered down

do you have a 20min cut off timer in the external box or does it ring for 3hrs+ ?

I believe all curcuit's work as it does not cause any problem and will work with mains off. Only looking for change as with new door opening automation being added, I want to be able to have an alarm that is controlled by a remote fob which is why I now feel that a sensor alarm would improve matters.

Edited by Alex161

al-yeti

Wireless zones is just what I am now looking at fraggle. Don't you read the other replies?

May I suggest that you don't bother to reply further to my enquiry as I find your response is more to be a 'smartie' rather than to be helpful to someone seeking advice from this forum for the first time.

Edited by Alex161
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Alex161 said:

Thank you for the logic. I will perhaps have to look at either paying more or adding a few sensors and alarm myself.

In my opinion Alex due to the age of system ect it is nearly always more cost effective to replace all the bits with the exception of the wiring if that all tests out ok.

I myself like the idea of the house and garage under one system, it means more flexibility and you will likely still pay the one maintenance charge per year.

best of luck with it.

• Upvote 1