Security Installer Community

alarm securit 800l

Jon666

Had a power cut where the power kept coming on and off over a 4 hour period and the partial power to low voltage items setting our alarm off.

After full power restored alarm works but night setting does not omit zones and on entering property zone two activates before you can disarm alarm and zone 8 is fully actvated even though alarm is off!

Can I fix it or can I claim against energy company

any help appreciated

I have known people claim against their energy company in the past, but these are usually systems that have been regularly maintained by a professional alarm company. That can give a service history of the battery etc. I would guess what has happened is that the battery went flat and the system lost its memory, a little unusual because systems normally have a non volatile memory so it could have been spiked. The bit that doesnt add up is why did the code not default? Unless you're using the factory set code .

I used to contract to cunningham lindsey (and later directly) who were loss adjusters for Yorkshire Electricity, I repaired and replaced dozens upon dozens of alarms and there was never any question about maintenance.  

Call your supplier and ask to put a claim in. 

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Yes maintained and fully working prior to power cuts ,every morning its going off after setting night set as it does not give me enough time to get down the stairs as I trigger the landing sensor before i get there and I think all my neighbors will vouch that alarm never went off before every morning prior to power cut one being a retired solicitor will this help for claim against electricity board!

Thanks for all your responses so far

1 hour ago, Jon666 said:

Yes maintained and fully working prior to power cuts ,every morning its going off after setting night set as it does not give me enough time to get down the stairs as I trigger the landing sensor before i get there and I think all my neighbors will vouch that alarm never went off before every morning prior to power cut one being a retired solicitor will this help for claim against electricity board!

Thanks for all your responses so far

If its been maintained then you should be able to claim from the energy company. The energy company will want some input from your security co, to say that it has been regularly maintained and that the panel was in full working order before the power outages. Depending on the power outage cause, normally the energy company will contribute towards the repair/replacement of your system. Dont expect reimbursement of the full cost as your panel is at least ten years old.  

19 hours ago, norman said:

I used to contract to cunningham lindsey (and later directly) who were loss adjusters for Yorkshire Electricity, I repaired and replaced dozens upon dozens of alarms and there was never any question about maintenance.  

Call your supplier and ask to put a claim in. 

I replaced some truly shocking systems that had obviously not worked for years, up here YE never questioned the consumer.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

1 hour ago, Jon666 said:

Just for future information all energy providers will not pay out against damaged to your goods in your property according to the regulatory body it is up to you to claim against your own insurance!

Unless anyone know differently!

Don't make sense because it's not compulsory to have home insurance to have a supply of any kind 

Therefore you are able to make a claim against anyone independently 

• Like 1