Security Installer Community

Shorrock 170 bell box

9 minutes ago, ThornGamma6 said:

It will be soon as It's on my girlfriendsĀ house who's abroad at the moment and she wants the system upgrading and she knows that I collect alarms as well as fitting them for a living. I basically work for myself and I do enjoy itĀ 

So stop doing one and upgrade the thing lol

1 minute ago, Nova-Security said:

The bell box above is the one i am on about, never seen a metal one.

Yeah thats the model I'm after, I do prefer them :)Ā If you've got any that are due to come down I'd be more than happy to give you my money for it

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

So stop doing one and upgrade the thing lol

lol, when I remove it I will keep it and use it myself :)Ā I do have a youtube channel as well and I make videos on alarms

I've only ever seen the plastic versions with a Friedland and strobe inside. AFAIK, the only metal Shorrock box was the blue metal unit, with the lock on the front of it. I think you'll do well to find someone who has kept either of those to use as a service spare I think it'd be prudent to swap it out for a new sounder as soon as so that you have a working system again.

Trade Member

1 minute ago, antinode said:

I've only ever seen the plastic versions with a Friedland and strobe inside. AFAIK, the only metal Shorrock box was the blue metal unit, with the lock on the front of it. I think you'll do well to find someone who has kept either of those to use as a service spare I think it'd be prudent to swap it out for a new sounder as soon as so that you have a working system again.

Yeah I'm trying to keep my soon to be old shorrock system going lol