Security Installer Community

Password

David 1974

1 hour ago, SystemQ said:

Hi.

As indicated above If you want to PM me some details again such as serial number I can look in to this for you but without the serial number I have nothing to go on.

And again please remember we don't have any legal right to reset and break in to a DVR that we don't own and do have the owners permission to do so.

An analogy may be perhaps if you lost say a mobile phone or tablet you wouldn't want Vodafone or Apple for example resetting it with out establishing who owns it.  Similarly you would want us resetting your DVRS that you have fitted with out your permission.

However I do understand your frustration so if you can give me a serial number I will look in to it for you.

Paul

Paul,

I don't have the serial number as the DVR was thrown out when replaced. We could argue about this for a long time but maybe warn installers this before buying the resetting software please. A 10min job lasted an hour plus I travelled 40mins to site and all for nothing.

30 minutes ago, David 1974 said:

How much would the reset kit be? And would it no be easier to buy a new dvr

As trader if it was possible offer a repair , reset kit or software would be cheaper especially if you deal with the same kit often

19 hours ago, David 1974 said:

How much would the reset kit be? And would it no be easier to buy a new dvr

For a one off its cheaper to buy a new dvr as the kit will only reset the recorder if you can prove you own it. 

We always put an installer user and password on the recorders when we install them, it makes it easier when we come to service it, if the main user is not there, we dont have to make lots of phone calls to find out what the pw is, and often the customer forgets the pw so we can come and reset it for them, sometimes an employee leaves and he was the only one that new the pw so can we come and reset it. It just makes sooo much sense to have an installer password in the recorder.

• Upvote 1