Security Installer Community

Help with information for QEDM1773??

Hi everyone.  I am Mr Clueless here, so please bear with me.  I am wondering of anyone out there recognises the security system that is instilled in the flat I have just moved in to.  It looks quite old and the previous owner didn't use it as they didn't know the codes etc.  Has anyone got any information on this system?  Inside the control panel, it has a sticker with QEDM1773 on it so I presume that is the manufacturer and model number??  See pics for the control panel and the separate power unit/battery etc.  I don't think it is fixable (might be wrong if I could reprogramme it) so was looking to see if I could identify the wires for a replacement control unit or home automation (room movement and door sensors fitted).  TIA.

20180108_152609.jpg

20180108_152627.jpg

I may be wrong, but I doubt you will get any help with something so obscure, it looks reminiscent of something one of the rip off audio monitored co's fitted in the 90's

These maybe?...

QED with the M standing for Monitored?

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 08/01/2018 at 17:12, norman said:

I may be wrong, but I doubt you will get any help with something so obscure, it looks reminiscent of something one of the rip off audio monitored co's fitted in the 90's

These maybe?...

QED with the M standing for Monitored?

I think you have pointed me in the right direction but as you and others say, I'm best to replace or look for alternatives. Thanks for the response. 

On 08/01/2018 at 17:47, sjsturner said:

Never seen one of those!

you would be better off looking to replace.

I think you are right! Cheers.