Security Installer Community

Watchdog reset?

xt600

When you next visit maybe worth taking your multimeter to ensure all the voltages the panel is outputting are correct & within tolerance..

If you have a phone line at the property I seem to think you can remote dial into the panel (Like you can on the 595 / 600 panels), that may help you get a better understanding  if your such a log distance away

On 1/4/2018 at 07:27, aissecur said:

When you next visit maybe worth taking your multimeter to ensure all the voltages the panel is outputting are correct & within tolerance..

If you have a phone line at the property I seem to think you can remote dial into the panel (Like you can on the 595 / 600 panels), that may help you get a better understanding  if your such a log distance away

Yes, I'll definitely check the voltages, no phone line at the property though...

22 hours ago, PeterJames said:

Just another point I would not recommend installing a battery bigger than 3.4Ah the PSU is only about 1amp the current draw on a flat 7Ah will knacker the psu  

That's an interesting point. The battery is the biggest I could squeeze in, bigger than the original. When you say knacker the PSU, what do you mean?  Wouldn't a PSU either 'work or not work' and if it's not working, then the battery would be completely dead by now wouldn't it? 

As James says a flat 7Ah will draw more power than the PSU is designed to supply, therefore putting unnecessary strain on the transformer, eventually wearing it out.

Its like using a Nissan Micra (Your PSU) to tow a fully loaded truck up a hill (Your battery)

People often think that bigger is better without taking into account that the current required to charge it when its fully discharged.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

As James says a flat 7Ah will draw more power than the PSU is designed to supply, therefore putting unnecessary strain on the transformer, eventually wearing it out.

Its like using a Nissan Micra (Your PSU) to tow a fully loaded truck up a hill (Your battery)

People often think that bigger is better without taking into account that the current required to charge it when its fully discharged.

I see what you are saying but will a transformer 'wear out'?  I can understand how it may get hotter than it should if it's under too much load but it will carry on working as it should until it eventually burns out, and stops working. Won't it? 

Just now, xt600 said:

I see what you are saying but will a transformer 'wear out'?  I can understand how it may get hotter than it should if it's under too much load but it will carry on working as it should until it eventually burns out, and stops working. Won't it? 

What Bout the charging circuit? 

What's your point?

Any component overloaded will drop it's output and heat , so how is that working ?

5 minutes ago, xt600 said:

the tx will survive the charger wont, have a look at the bored(sic) Its designed for an assumed load, You cannot expect a budget pro panel to take a proper load. 

Also yes a tx will wear out, if you overload it, they have a design temp and load

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it will melt the varnish of the windings, but id assume the reg will fail first, taking the br with it, then the tx

ideally that will cause an mcb trip, but if your on rewireable fuses who knows. Been many appliancies caused issues  

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.