Security Installer Community

Menvier M series Timeswitches

Evening all, can I ask if anyone has had any success with programming times witches with any M series Menviers???

I have an M800 and I am programming (through Downloader) time switch 1 - 1 to come on at say 20:00 and go off at 20:01, just to provide a 1 second pulse to drive a relay.   Time switch 1 - 2 to come on at 20:30 and go off at 20:31, again to provide a 1 second pulse to the relay. All the days of the week for ON and OFF are checked. I can toggle the output to drive the relay through Downloader and its works everytime. Am I doing something wrong, and if I am, whet the hell is it please????

cheers chaps

Alistair

Hi, firstly I should have said hello first of all - my sincere apologies.

Yes, I have setup the output to pulse and 1 second long. Sometimes this setup works, and a lot of the time it doesn't. If you have no problems, and you dont use downloader to do it, maybe its that then? 

Alistair

2 hours ago, aechlin said:

Evening all, can I ask if anyone has had any success with programming times witches with any M series Menviers???

I have an M800 and I am programming (through Downloader) time switch 1 - 1 to come on at say 20:00 and go off at 20:01, just to provide a 1 second pulse to drive a relay.   Time switch 1 - 2 to come on at 20:30 and go off at 20:31, again to provide a 1 second pulse to the relay. All the days of the week for ON and OFF are checked. I can toggle the output to drive the relay through Downloader and its works everytime. Am I doing something wrong, and if I am, whet the hell is it please????

cheers chaps

Alistair

Out of curiosity have you tried increasing the gap to 5mins 

And if you have a relay, as swb pointed out in another post , is back emf keeping the relay locked ?

Hi al-yeti

No I haven't, that will be the first thing I will try tomorrow morning, could I ask why you would think that? I cannot work out, if you are after a timed pulsed output, why you need to specify an end (off) time to the time switch???????  All my relay outputs that are driven from my digi outputs have a diode reversed biased, like I say, I can force the output and the relay follows what I tell it to do, but the output doesnt always switch on when the timer actuates. Does the panel get it right 24 hrs later??

I should add for what its worth, the Panel Version is V3.11

Alistair

Edited by aechlin
addition of post

All time switches need to have a on and off cycle to function (think about how time cycles round), the pulse is an additional attribute that you can use which I believe only functions for the on cycle.

Need to break down the fault further really.

My usual method if given a problem like this is to program as eng on site (for example) and test if everything from the controls onwards works, then take it from there. Forcing or inverting the output doesn't always highlight where the problem is.

Got an update for you, I think I may have got it....

Whenever I use downloader, I plug into the panel using an external USB socket ( so I dont have to keep removing the cover to make a simple change). However, if i did remove the cover, I would have to put my engineers password in, which would keep the panel silent (no lid tamper). So what I think has been happenenig is I connet to the panel whilst not in eng mode and the panel wont act upon timeswitch changes. So I entered eng mode, connected to panel via external USB, ran downloader and we've been fine ever since. I have also increased the time gap by 5 mins as al-yeti suggested.

I have two timeswitches  set up. They trigger a Attiny85 IC that I have programmed via arduino, and it transmits the RF codes through the house and switches all my outside Christmas lights and internal ones via those Energenie wireless mains plug/sockets :o)

Many thanks for all your help, no doubt I will speak again soon.

Merry Christmas to you all

Alistair