Security Installer Community

Normski's Sisters Veritas 8c Nightmare

Normsky

My sister  has a veritas 8c, the alarm will not set.Normally my sister presses full and goes out the alarm is set.On entry she inputs her code and the alarm is off.At present the alarm will not set and when trying to set the alarm red lights 6,7,8 illuminate.It omits constant beeping.I have counted the beeps 8,slight pause then the same 8 beeps and so on, always 8 beeps. Can somebody help please.

27 minutes ago, Normsky said:

I AM A NOVICE,COULD YOU EXPLAIN WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT PROGRAMMING.i HAVE CHECKED ALL THE FUSES AND THEY ARE OK.mY SISTER DOES NOT HAVE THE MONEY FOR AN ENGINEER.

No need to shout were not deaf!

Do the detectors light up when you walk in front of them?

34 minutes ago, Normsky said:

Yes they all light as they should.There are 5,PIRs and a make and break on the front door.

so that makes 6 zones, and you say that leds 67&8 are lit when trying to set, what are wired into zones 67&8?

Do you not have a zone list?

Each one of those lights represents a zone, 1= Front Door 2= Hall etc etc. I suspect that 67&8 are unused zones the fact that you have 5 pirs and a door contact would suggest that at least 7&8 are not used, I cannot think why they should suddenly become active if nothing else has changed like the user code. If the system had defaulted then the user code wouldn't work 

Help,I still need help please.The alarm was serviced and a new battery fitted in May 2016.I do have a new battery and have tried that too.All the PIRs light up.When attempting to arm the alarm and open the front door to test as would be the case zone one lights up, when you close the door zone one light goes out.I have turned off the mains removed the cover, removed a battery lead pressed the tamper spring 3,times refitted the battery wire and turned the power back on.the code is now ##REMOVED##.But it is still not arming and zone lights 67&8 are lighting up.I do not know what is in zones 67&8.I would preferably like help to solve this issue.

If it can not be resolve,can somebody please tell me, if I buy a new control panel will it work if I just change the panel.I would be grateful for any help given and thank you in advance.

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Please do not post codes here. Thank you

Hi Peter,

Sorry I wrote this then your answer came up.My sister lives on her own a few miles from me.She didn't tell me until a couple of days ago(as I was away),that for the past 3,weeks she has not been able to set the alarm.I tried all the things in my post above and that is the outcome at present.I have no idea why 67&8mare lighting up.But according to her nothing has changed nobody has been to the house except the fire brigade to install a new smoke detector.The hard wired detector became faulty.they just took the old one down and pushed the wired connector into the hole in the ceiling.Could that have anything to do with the alarm at present.

4 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Factory defaulting the control panel without knowing how to program it again wasn't a sensible option, it could have just been a faulty contact or sensor in the first place.

You will need to find the original fault and then reprogram the system correctly.

I have no idea what factory defaulting is or how I have done this.Please explain.

7 hours ago, Normsky said:

The hard wired detector became faulty.they just took the old one down and pushed the wired connector into the hole in the ceiling.Could that have anything to do with the alarm at present.

Could this have been connected to the intruder alarm? What sort of wire is it?