Security Installer Community

VISONIC POWERMAX 10 HELP

Mcbonio

Hi all,

I really could do with some help with my alarm system. 2 weeks ago, I purchased a 2 year old house with an ADT branded Visonic Powermax 10 system installed which has some faults preventing me from arming the system.

K01 PROX KEYPAD - TAMPER ALARM

K02 MOTION SENSOR - TAMPER OPEN

K04 TAMPER OPEN

I have no idea how to reset these and ADT want £240 per half hour to look at this alarm, which I can't afford just before Christmas. Please help, I'm afraid I'll have to go away for 2 weeks with no alarm set on my house...

Thanks

7 minutes ago, Mcbonio said:

Sorry it is the Powermax Express system. I forgot to mention, I changed the batteries in the keypad and the sensor causing issues. Still no luck.! It's like the system needs a reset..

So basically it's out of contract has engineer reset , either you will find a way to fix it, or call an engineer or have a new alarm installed

It's still a case of weighing up cost of what your protecting against what it costs to fix alarm 

ADT want to roll me into a 18 month contract or pay £248 per half hour + £109 subsequent half hour.. can't afford that right now.

I think a factory reset and set my own codes will do the trick.

Will this procedure reset the factory installer code

Edited by james.wilson
no defaulting info in public
  • Downvote 1

Spoke to 2 local engineers, they won't touch a wireless system. Offered to fit one instead, figures.

Anyways, I've reset the master code to my own and now I'm able to modify the system. All the wireless devices are present on the system so almost there. Just need to reset these pesky tamper faults... 

Edited by Mcbonio
  • Downvote 1