Security Installer Community

Need help understanding Veritas 8 moves house

Rbaker

Hi all

Hope this is posted in the correct place. 

I have just moved into a house with a varitas 8 no lcd screen on it. I have the code to set the alarm and I have the manual. (Well found it on the net)

it my first time having a house alarm and would like to part set the system at night but I have no idea what zones are and what is included in a part set. 

I understand from the manual I can do a walk around test. Will this tell me which zone is which? 

If so when I set a part set 1 or part set 2 which I believe I can do will it tell me which zones are included in the part set or which zones are omitted? 

I also guess that part set may include multiple zones is that correct?

thank for any help in advance 

Firstly it would be a good idea to have it serviced, if it hasn't been recently. Batteries are installed in the system that are vital to it's correct operation.

Veritas pretty straight forward to use for users. User manual available here. http://texe.com/uk/document.php?serveid=275 or

I assume this is the manual you have a copy of?

Note if your system is fairly old the function numbers will not be the same as the manual, this is known as a Pre-2000 panel.

You will not be able to change your part set but if it's setup correctly you will be able to use it.

The  lights indicate the omitted zones while part is arming, multiple zones can be omitted at the same time via a part set.

Walk test will indicate zones operation so you can work out which zone number is which device

Thank sixwheeled beast for the quick response. 

Yeah that is the manual I have and I know it can have only been install from 2008 as that when the house was converted. 

Good to know now about service didn’t realise alarms needed one lol. Any idea on cost so I don’t get ripped off.

and thanks for clearing up the walk test I will have the kids doing this they will love it. At least I now understand when I do a part set the light that is life mean omitted. 

Your a legend 

Prices would vary depending on:- your area, if they're approved and what is included as part of the service; which is worth asking.

Very often when it comes to prices we generally advise to speak to at least 3 places, and go with the one you feel most comfortable with, not necessarily the cheapest.

Many companies would prefer to offer a maintenance agreement which may (or may not) include (some or all) parts and call out services.

You could also have a one off call out to check the system, I am sure an engineer competent with Texecom kit would be happy to reprogram, provide a zone list and setup your part sets for you in next to no time.