Security Installer Community

Scantronic 9449 replacement keypad

Eaton is simply the new owner of the former Cooper Security who until very recently operated under the brand names Menvier and Scantronic.

Same people, same name, same product, same factory. Cooper Security as owner and brand has been gone for about a year now.

From pretty much now you'll see a lot less of the Scantronic and Menvier names even on the current range and it will all be Eaton.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

literally the same company ;)

It appears Eaton still intend to sell the 9449 (after all Texecom still sell their equivalent LED product) but I would be using the 9561 for all new

work at 'bells only' level. Your customers will love it as it has a full text LCD display, uses fobs as well as numbers and takes a much bigger (but barely dearer)

battery for a long standby. Price wise virtually the same give or take a tenner IIRC.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

It was actually 3, it was the 3rd day of 3 days local training on the i-On (and the only one I attended, mainly to ask a load of questions about the new platform, which I did...).

I am led to believe the prior 2 days which was far more practical was better attended. However, as I say on this 3rd day Dave came along and there was a lot of discussion about the

product. To be fair I was never expecting massive numbers turning out on a freezing day in Highbridge.

Nothing earth shattering was revealed but, yes, Scantronic and Menvier brands will be laid to rest, as I thought when the new 40H finally incorporated previously 'Menvier range only' programming features.

Also, there will be a massive cull of older models, and the Secure Connect platform will be coming to Grade 3 models, something I wasn't sure about. There may well be no more 1000 zone models and

the like, more the ability to network smaller, (perhaps?) 300 zone capable panels together. As previously known new panels can now connect to Webway or CSL, or just SIA over IP direct to any willing ARC, e.g. EMCS.

A 4G plug-on module with yearly recurring SIM supplied by Eaton is indeed on the way early next year - let's hope it's priced right in both senses.

There seems to (quite rightly) be a lot of consideration for security with the new online system which is NOT hosted on a PC in the corner of head office! I imagine some of this has come from within Eaton

group so maybe the takeover is no bad thing.