Security Installer Community

Swann DVR8-4000 which Hikvision cameras are compatible?

Itsmee

Hi fellas.

I have a Swann DVR8-4000 which has two Swann cams and one Sunkwang PTZ (which has just died)  installed.

I'm having some alterations on the house and I am going to take this opportunity and move the DVR/cabling to a different room.

While I am on I may as well swap out the dead camera and add a few more.

But my question is this.

Which Hikvision cameras are compatible with my DVR?

Would I be better to replace the DVR and the cameras? 

Thanks for any help fellas.

1 hour ago, Itsmee said:

Which Hikvision cameras are compatible with my DVR?

Is there a reason you are looking at Hik?

Hik no longer allow equipment to be sold to end-users so you may not find a supplier anyway

1 hour ago, Itsmee said:

Would I be better to replace the DVR and the cameras? 

Yes

Compatibility is normally done via onvif , if all IP stuff, if it's all analogue then hik uses tvi I think and some of there cheaper stuff might have switchable outputs going from normal video to and and tvi and so on 

But if you renovating good time to scrap what you have , as above replace DVR to hybrid type which accepts some analogue and ip 

hi fellas and thanks for the replies.

I was looking at Hik because of the price and it seems to be decent gear?

Debenhams plus have a few for sale in kit form that would do for me.

They even have a POE kit to save on the wiring.  Are these any good?

Hikvision HiWatch 6MP 8 Channel PoE Network Video Recorder with 6 x 4MP Turret Cameras & 2TB Hard Drive I208M-B/2T

Hikvision HiWatch 8 Channel HD 1080p PoE Network Video Recorder with 8 x 1080p Dome Cameras & 1TB Hard Drive I108-B/2T

38 minutes ago, james.wilson said:

Yeah must admit Debenhams is the goto place for decent security equipment

Your hardcore

59 minutes ago, Itsmee said:

hi fellas and thanks for the replies.

I was looking at Hik because of the price and it seems to be decent gear?

Debenhams plus have a few for sale in kit form that would do for me.

They even have a POE kit to save on the wiring.  Are these any good?

Hikvision HiWatch 6MP 8 Channel PoE Network Video Recorder with 6 x 4MP Turret Cameras & 2TB Hard Drive I208M-B/2T

Hikvision HiWatch 8 Channel HD 1080p PoE Network Video Recorder with 8 x 1080p Dome Cameras & 1TB Hard Drive I108-B/2T

So hiwatch is the DIY market for hik

But will debenhams give you any after sales support , pay a little more and buy from a security dealer 

1 hour ago, james.wilson said:

Yeah must admit Debenhams is the goto place for decent security equipment

QFA lol.

as above best to replace it all dude, if I was going DIY I deffo wouldn’t buy Swann again.

in regards to Hik, even the pros that don’t like it know it’s half decent kit especially for DIY market.

i doubt you will find anyone on here that has dealt with Hiwatch, this is the new Downrated version of Hikvision kit designed to obliterate Swann and the like

Debenhams plus is just a licencing deal with someone like rgbdirect using the better known name, for a % of sales, and has nothing to do with the store...

...that said agree it's still a s###e place to buy security kit IMHO.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

14 hours ago, sjsturner said:

as above best to replace it all dude, if I was going DIY I deffo wouldn’t buy Swann again.

in regards to Hik, even the pros that don’t like it know it’s half decent kit especially for DIY market.

i doubt you will find anyone on here that has dealt with Hiwatch, this is the new Downrated version of Hikvision kit designed to obliterate Swann and the like

Thanks, SJSTURNER, I didn't realise that. 

Try CCTVTEK for your CCTV DIY kits. They sell a lot of HIKVISION, prices are great and they offer support should you require it. 

Is your current system IP or standard? You can use CAT5 or coax for the HD analogue stuff which I’ve had good results from