Security Installer Community

M800 node zones

xpertalarms

Evening, one of our engineers took over an M800 on a domestic today and when walk testing ran into problems with the TSX node on the system. All of the zones on the tsx node are showing as closed regardless of its actual state. The panel can see the node and the lid tamper still works on the node. We only have limited spares for menvier kit now due to replacing most of our TS and M series panels for texecom. Still got 40 odd 2500s and 900s out there though. Managed to find a spare TSX node in the office and we tried swapping them over, still nothing. Not sure what firmware it's running, got it written down somewhere though! Not come across this one before, cheers

Finding a TSX Node on an M800 suggests it's a takeover / replacement in the first place, as IIRC TSX Nodes were 'compatible' with the M Common Platform series but not the recommended item for new jobs.

Although admittedly it could just be someone using up older expander stock when the new panels came out. After all at a push these panels will even work backwards as far as the old 2 Zone TS expander, or LEC6 with caveats!

(The replacement, an MS Node, will emulate a TSX node, or even a TS900 node, if required)

Do you know for sure it has always worked before the crash?

And are you adding the nodes in the proper way by using the 'Equipment' menu etc...? Apols if you are familiar with the panel, but not TSX.

My experience with the M and x5 series has only ever been with the later MS Nodes, which require a fair amount of jumper config over and above other systems.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi datadiffusion

It was a replacement panel from a TS series, client said it was replaced 5 years ago. Apparently the previous co has said the system was '100% working'....but that's not the case hence why we took it over :D It's thrown me somewhat as I've always thought that TS stuff was backwards compatible with the M series. 

It is, so am struggling to work out whats wrong.

I forget, does the M800 have two 'branches'. Thinking that perhaps non MS-Node only works on Branch 1 or something?

Or was it that when using TSX nodes you couldn't have a modern keypad bus wired on the way, it had to come off the node?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands