Security Installer Community

Galaxy 48 zone omits when setting

So, two possibilities?  It's either a faulty PCB, or some (corrupt) setting that you're re-loading in with RSS after defaulting.  I would try loading the config on a test panel and ensuring that it's not something being held in the config before going through the hassle of replacing the panel PCB.   May be worth having a look at the RSS roll-back points and checking the diffs.

If you want to duplicate the site in RSS, then change the PIN's to default and send the mdb file to me, I can load onto a test panel here in my office and quickly check it for you if you want.  I have all Dimension variants plumbed in and sitting on test at the moment.

I've not seen a zone fault auto omit without also indicating the fault with the zone and asking for confirmation.  Assuming that the resistances showing on the panel bang on 1k/2k when you press the hash key. It's a strange one.

1 hour ago, GalaxyGuy said:

I've not seen a zone fault auto omit without also indicating the fault with the zone and asking for confirmation.  Assuming that the resistances showing on the panel bang on 1k/2k when you press the hash key. It's a strange one.

Version 5.20 G3-48 did do forced omits on open or faults without any confirmation, took a while for honeywell to believe us

Edited by Nova-Security

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.

On 11/6/2017 at 19:24, Nova-Security said:

Version 5.20 G3-48 did do forced omits on open or faults without any confirmation, took a while for honeywell to believe us

Had this first on an ATM room, I'd replaced the controls and it was on a shunt lock, by the time the lock was thrown it omitted both DT's in the room.

You could hold the door open and it would set on the lock, omitting the door too iirc.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Had it where a RIO had been damaged and the system had Call Alarm Co on the keypad but would still set with RIo missing and override the remote reset, Galaxy tech came to site as they didn't believe it. Firmware updated all fine.

www.nova-security.co.uk

www.nsiapproved.co.uk

No PMs please unless i know you or you are using this board with your proper name.