Security Installer Community

Texecom opinions

Ashton

6 minutes ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

I agree it doesn't help no. As I say I haven't called Technical in a long time.

Any queries like that feel free to post on here.

But do note there is only so much we can help with on the public forums.

Appreciated B))

Hi Gents,

Just wanted to add a bit of detail to some of your comments. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly on mgovier@texe.com.

Power supplies - We did see an issue with a small amount of power supplies failing after being installed. This was sometimes after a few months and sometimes over a year later. What was strange is that the power supply had not changed, we have however since added additional components that has enhanced the stability of the product. As such all new panels should be fine. If you happen to have one on a new panel please contact me and I will investigate for you.

Software - The Premier Elite software is by far the best it has ever been. With each release we fix more legacy issues and of course a few new ones for new products. We are always working to provide the most stable and feature rich firmware available so if you ever find anything please let technical know. I promise it will be looked into!

Quality - This will always be our biggest focus. We are aware that with the launch of every new products bring with them their own set of challenges, all of which we have worked to resolve in a timely manner. We are also hearing sporadic reports of other QA issues, these are always investigated and measures put in place to ensure a repeat does not happen. No QA issue is acceptable so always contact us with any concerns and we will investigate.

Technical Support -  Texecom is aware that the current call hold time into technical support has increased to an unacceptable level. Effective immediately we have changed the way the technical support team operate. The primary focus for all technicians is on the incoming calls, as such proactive testing of new firmware and products will cease until further notice. In addition emails have been given a 24 hour response time as part of a new SLA that the customer will see upon sending an email to technical support. This again puts primary focus on calls and allows emails to be done during the quieter times. Our short to medium term plan involves installing a new call monitoring system. This not only allows us to better match staffing levels to busy periods but will identify staff and customer training needs.

*EDIT* Technical will ask for a profile if you have a strange issue. This is normally when they cannot recreate the issue. So they can either suggest you email in so they can try your profile on their panel or suggest a default........ I know which one I would prefer.

Overall I get that Texecom is not perfect, but who is. What I can assure you, is we have the experience and dedication to our customers to supply the best product possible.

It's great that a manufacturer is on here answering questions tbh, so thanks.

Not a trick question now, but did the introduction of SMPSU mean a component reduction on the PSU side of the alarm PCB (or later/future PCBs)?

Also re. tech helpline, do you prioritise 'trade' over 'DIY' calls? I wonder if you did it would go some way towards appeasing trade customers.

But, rather than trade being anyone with dazzasalarms@gmail.com registering on a website, it should be someone that has done a minimum of 1 training module with Texe (or had a rep round?)

I also know that a LOT of such calls are for stuff people really should know or people asking what end of the wires the EOL resistor goes etc...

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

1 hour ago, datadiffusion said:

It's great that a manufacturer is on here answering questions tbh, so thanks.

Not a trick question now, but did the introduction of SMPSU mean a component reduction on the PSU side of the alarm PCB (or later/future PCBs)?

Also re. tech helpline, do you prioritise 'trade' over 'DIY' calls? I wonder if you did it would go some way towards appeasing trade customers.

But, rather than trade being anyone with dazzasalarms@gmail.com registering on a website, it should be someone that has done a minimum of 1 training module with Texe (or had a rep round?)

I also know that a LOT of such calls are for stuff people really should know or people asking what end of the wires the EOL resistor goes etc...

+1 Trade should take priority 

I'd say even some in trade need to RTFM a bit more.

Technical seems to be less "technical" and more guiding numpties how to fit stuff because they want to get off early.

Training on the product is the key, maybe monitoring what type of calls your getting and recommending training could be utilised with this new phone system.

2 hours ago, Michael Govier said:

Hi Gents,

Just wanted to add a bit of detail to some of your comments. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly on mgovier@texe.com.

Power supplies - We did see an issue with a small amount of power supplies failing after being installed. This was sometimes after a few months and sometimes over a year later. What was strange is that the power supply had not changed, we have however since added additional components that has enhanced the stability of the product. As such all new panels should be fine. If you happen to have one on a new panel please contact me and I will investigate for you.

Software - The Premier Elite software is by far the best it has ever been. With each release we fix more legacy issues and of course a few new ones for new products. We are always working to provide the most stable and feature rich firmware available so if you ever find anything please let technical know. I promise it will be looked into!

Quality - This will always be our biggest focus. We are aware that with the launch of every new products bring with them their own set of challenges, all of which we have worked to resolve in a timely manner. We are also hearing sporadic reports of other QA issues, these are always investigated and measures put in place to ensure a repeat does not happen. No QA issue is acceptable so always contact us with any concerns and we will investigate.

Technical Support -  Texecom is aware that the current call hold time into technical support has increased to an unacceptable level. Effective immediately we have changed the way the technical support team operate. The primary focus for all technicians is on the incoming calls, as such proactive testing of new firmware and products will cease until further notice. In addition emails have been given a 24 hour response time as part of a new SLA that the customer will see upon sending an email to technical support. This again puts primary focus on calls and allows emails to be done during the quieter times. Our short to medium term plan involves installing a new call monitoring system. This not only allows us to better match staffing levels to busy periods but will identify staff and customer training needs.

*EDIT* Technical will ask for a profile if you have a strange issue. This is normally when they cannot recreate the issue. So they can either suggest you email in so they can try your profile on their panel or suggest a default........ I know which one I would prefer.

Overall I get that Texecom is not perfect, but who is. What I can assure you, is we have the experience and dedication to our customers to supply the best product possible.

Agree with the other comments only just seen this thanks for responding and taking the time to go through everything 

29 minutes ago, Ashton said:

cheers how do I register as trade member 

Read Carefully: APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE BELOW WILL BE IGNORED  

· DO NOT apply for trade membership/access unless you are already a forum member.

· DO NOT apply if you are not active in the Fire/Security/CCTV/Access control Industry

· DO NOT  apply if you have not already made a minimum of 5 posts on the forum

· DO post in the public forums while awaiting vetting as this may help speed up the vetting process.

· DO NOT apply for trade membership/access unless you have made 5 or more posts.

You MUST provide us with at least ONE of the following:
-    Scanned/photo of your ID card (We wont contact your employer)

-    Copy of Public/Product Liability Insurance (We will check that this is not fake)

-    Contact telephone number for your employer AND yourself if relevant and Yell or website details for the company you work for.

-  Email to us from your trade related domain
Read, understood and completely happy with the above?

If so then please Private Message (PM) Vetting Click here to PM Vetting 

Read Carefully APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE WILL BE IGNORED   

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands