Security Installer Community

Texecom opinions

Ashton

Just wondering what other engineers opinions are on texecom (personally getting a bit fed up with glitches and tech support) I hear the chaps who left menvier to go to texecom have now left texe and are going it alone with there own designed panel? Any truth to this? Hope so bet it would be a top panel 

Yes that's what I meant whats their panel heard rumours didn't know what truth was behind it and yeh naff psus (due to surges) had 6 in a week all different areas, logged into one the other week and just from logging into engineers decided it was going to send a pa went through log with tech support and they couldn't answer why it had happened ,had one a while back decided duress code wasn't going to signal even though output programmed silent pa spent ages on to tech and got it to work if changed output type to pa audible (advised should signal on any output programmed as duress pa audible or pa silent) for the money I suppose it's ok but just can't say I have faith in their kit 

All premier range different models 

SMPSUs have had a few fail all pre v4, most within warranty period.

Elite software wise are pretty solid compared to pre-Elite, I don't have any issues like you suggest.

My best guess for your Duress issue would be G3 wasn't enabled on the panel.

Not called technical in a long while, but you haven't really said why your fed up with them. I'd guess waiting times is the normal complaint.

waiting times are a joke must admit with regards to the duress issue never got a clear cut answer they said only way to tell would be to send config file over so they could look into it and just find they don't always listen just jump to their own assumptions when I was asking about the duress issue one guy I was talking to just didn't listen to a word I said and started saying I need to wire the ouput to the communicator (oh yeh "banging head on wall") thanks for that, then eventually understood when he decided to stop talking over me and being arrogant 

For the price and what you get it is good just had my faith knocked with it recently few little things like timing out of engineers whilst I'm trying to adjust dt detectors then going off on tamper atleast on a galaxy,menvier etc I can just login to engineers and plod on happily without worrying 

Just now, Ashton said:

timing out of engineers whilst I'm trying to adjust dt detectors then going off on tamper atleast on a galaxy,menvier etc I can just login to engineers and plod on happily without worrying 

That's a feature, if you have to do anything longer then the default 60 minutes then leave the end station open.

It's better than getting a call at 1700 that an engineers been done a service and left the panel in engineers.

Could they not have something in the software atleast then so if it sees any active tamper whilst in engineers it resets the 60 minute timer or just doesn't exit at all if a device is in tamper condition so it's not just limited to the end station being left open 

I suppose it helps if you know all the features to find the "glitches" then... ;)

Now you mention it I understand where you went wrong with your Duress.

PA Alarm would be the correct output to use for a Duress, PA Silent would only trigger on a "silent" zone whereas PA Alarm is any Panic event including Duress, so that's another "glitch" that wasn't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well according to texe support any output type programmed as pa audible pa silent or duress would activate upon a duress code being entered so if your correct you could have saved me the half hour of my time speaking to Anthony and others at texecom trying to work it out