Security Installer Community

Siemens SPC wireless zones

These panels can do slightly odd things. Such as showing the first zone in a confirmed alarm as still in 'alarm' when what it really means is engineer reset required - we had a confirmed (accidental - cleaner) intrusion but it made it appear as if a detector was faulty. I don't have any SPC system with wireless devices (only the capability i.e. built into the panel), but would assume the devices were sleeping. I am guessing test or setting would wake them up - I assume you're monitoring everything via web portal?

In fact I have an SPC wireless contact and PIR both BNIB here if you want them at a knock down price! (Just can't see me ever using them...).

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

3 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

Yep. Optional off wall tamper. Not sure why the prev co hadn't linked it out as there's no off wall tamper on it!:huh:

Wireless detector without off the wall tamper does not comply to regs, just saying :blink:

amealing@texe.com

Head of Industry Affairs

Visit Our Website
Texecom

11 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

Yep. Optional off wall tamper. Not sure why the prev co hadn't linked it out as there's no off wall tamper on it!:huh:

You mean on the door contact? Yes, you can disable the rear tamper, but the tamper switch it is always 'on it' - presumably just not fitted correctly to the wall?

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

11 hours ago, xpertalarms said:

You sure it's not a small micro sized switch you didn't notice , sometimes pushed in by the plastics 

And because you screwed it in bent it doesn't close (just kidding) 

Edited by al-yeti