Security Installer Community

Dedicated Micros DVR NetVu App iOS11

Hi Chaps

Anyone got an alternative app that will work on the NetVu products, as the iOS11 update has killed the app and they say they are working to fix it but its apple red tape causing the delay, what else do you guys use or have used with the DM DVRs ?

cheers

Watchdog Security (Manchester)

10 minutes ago, Lwillis said:

Surely nobody is still fitting these?  Didn’t think any of them would be on clients phones for remote viewing. 

The live images are shocking never mind trying to view one remotely... 

I did think that myself, haven't seen any of this kit about for years, I was led to believe that back in the day DM was really good...

46 minutes ago, sjsturner said:

I did think that myself, haven't seen any of this kit about for years, I was led to believe that back in the day DM was really good...

Aye apparentley it’s the dogs ******** but I’ve never seen one in a decent working order for about 7/8 years now.

4 hours ago, Lwillis said:

Surely nobody is still fitting these?  Didn’t think any of them would be on clients phones for remote viewing. 

The live images are shocking never mind trying to view one remotely... 

I doubt they are still being fitted but as for picture quality in remote viewing mine is superb, as is the still image emailed on zone trigger. With 4G and or WiFi as it is now, live monitoring with telemetry is equally superb with rarely any motion stuttering. 

Edited by Dick

Just now, SouthernBrad said:

Plenty still out there in the field, we have a national contract where most individual sites have about 6-8 Units still used with a couple of Keyboards.

I always found them pretty straight forward to work on.

Because they won't pay for upgrade of course, but great as is

Just because something is old it doesn't mean it's not fit for purpose.

If you've got a DM with keyboards and 2060's on BBV alarm boards all over a site your not going to replace it just for the sake of it's age are you!

I am not saying don't upgrade but if something is doing it's job well enough and is maintained in good working order I don't see why it needs ripping out.

Every job is different and at the price point of DM it's probably commercial, so if upgrading is required it would most likely be in stages with careful planning on kit compatibility.