Security Installer Community

Advanced fire cause and affect programming

Anyone got a idea on programming cause and affect on these panels? 

I’m new to them but basically I have a rather big premises with several I/O units with which one of the units I do not want to be triggered when the system goes into fire alarm state but only to be triggered when one certain call point or smoke is triggered. 

The I/0 unit is in same room as the call point and smoke 

any tips or help would be great that guys 

Thrones

So in your loop list, edit your io device into a new output group ( default is 199) so make it let's say 10.

then go into your "edit output cause and effect tab"

right click and select "add output group" create the group number 10 then select input point , then pick your call point or smoke from the list, to add more devices simply right click on your new group and select "add input event" to add more input devices.

you can do it by altering zones and creating zone rules also but it depends specifically on what your trying to achieve to be honest.

I think I’m with you.. so will give it a go, 

basically it’s a 3 loop panel 80/100 devices used up in each loop, 

but the request is that one particular I/O unit which is in the boiler room is programmed in such a way that the relay does not change when the system goes into fire condition from all devices apart from  two Devices which are the  smoke and call point is in the same boiler room, 

when these are triggered the relay needs to trigger 

thanks 

Thrones

The way described above would only make the IO operate when your boiler room CP or SD goes off, you can select pre alarm ect too,

when the SD and CP activate, all the other devices (sounders and relays in group 199 will still go into fire as normal)

5 hours ago, sjsturner said:

And I assume when they trigger (devices in boiler room) all other outputs will trigger? To raise alarm? Or no

Yes indeed so 

4 hours ago, sjsturner said:

The way described above would only make the IO operate when your boiler room CP or SD goes off, you can select pre alarm ect too,

when the SD and CP activate, all the other devices (sounders and relays in group 199 will still go into fire as normal)

Yes that’s exacaly what I want

Thrones

22 hours ago, sjsturner said:

So in your loop list, edit your io device into a new output group ( default is 199) so make it let's say 10.

then go into your "edit output cause and effect tab"

right click and select "add output group" create the group number 10 then select input point , then pick your call point or smoke from the list, to add more devices simply right click on your new group and select "add input event" to add more input devices.

you can do it by altering zones and creating zone rules also but it depends specifically on what your trying to achieve to be honest.

Absolutely worked a treat and first time! 

Thank you very much,

saved me a load of time and far less stress 

thanks again 

Thrones

• 1 month later...

Any chance of getting a copy of the MX Pro config tool? I’ve had my old laptop stolen from the van a few weeks ago and haven’t worked on a MX Pro panel for a while. Got a few C&E to edit and don’t fancy working it through the panel. 

Thanks! ##REMOVED CONTACT DETAILS##

Edited by sixwheeledbeast
Removed contact details, please read the forum rules before posting . Thanks.

And further to the above, if you came here to post a load of 'lol, me too!' tut on year old threads to bulk up your profile then quietly ask for illegal copies of software before disappearing, think again.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 4 years later...