Security Installer Community

False alarm issue

Ashton

Just wondering if any one has ever had an issue with the old style Honeywell dt755 , all the detectors I have in use are these but I have one that keeps false alarming only when large vehicles seem to go past (cctv checked at activation times ) all voltages and resistances readings are fine device replaced set on its lowest sensitivity setting still happens at a bit of a loss to be honest 

image.jpg

Edited by Ashton

5 hours ago, Ashton said:

Weird thing is aswell on 2 of the activations the same van went past was wondering could it be some sort of rf interference ?

Could have been an MI5 / TV detector van shifting a recently crashed UFO across the county whilst trying to stop Trump publishing details of Kennedy...?

• Upvote 2

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

:lol: I'm siding with the MI5 theory tried changing cores on cable panel has an ac suppressor fitted tried changing Cct from panel to local expander its calmed down a lot since changing sensitivity level (dropped microwave to low level and selected dip switch 1 to Lower setting) but still happens now and again the van theory came from thinking it must be environmental but trying to narrow down what happened at point of activation and only thing in common is large removal vans/council trucks go past all connections re made when I changed the cores 

distance wise from the vehicle aspect Is a good 10-15 meters out of the window to a facing mini round about 

Was just after something to go at I know a number of years ago the Honeywell elephant catchers had An issue with beacons/strobes on forklifts etc sending them into a tamper condition just wondered if there was something with the Honeywell 7550 I'm unaware about 

Was going to say, re. controls, we had one like this once; mega rare (esp for old school Gardtec) but it turned out to be the zone itself (having defaulted the system twice and changed / adjusted / masked PIR twice).

TBH it only went on for so long as the client was over the road from the office and also bosses mate (I was getting paid but he wasn't paying), was really surprised when it turned out to be the zone though.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Just tried swapping with a new old type (new but without the onboard resistors) can't see it working, it was originally on a panel cct then changed it to a zone expander Cct when this problem started to try and prove the fault with regards to location not back to back different rooms pointing away from each other it's even wired just across the tamper and normally closed terminals (without the anti mask connected ) 

Panels a menvier m1000 

33 minutes ago, Ashton said:

Just tried swapping with a new old type (new but without the onboard resistors) can't see it working, it was originally on a panel cct then changed it to a zone expander Cct when this problem started to try and prove the fault with regards to location not back to back different rooms pointing away from each other it's even wired just across the tamper and normally closed terminals (without the anti mask connected ) 

Panels a menvier m1000 

Interesting, the only other panel I've had spurious zone faults with since is the M series / x5n series! However, in that case it was on the expanders in the first place and swiftly dealt with by junking the panel (and no issues since on same wiring / detectors).

I agree that's why I changed the Cct over had similar myself but I ended up re using the panel Cct for a psu tamper and never had any issues since with that Cct the only time it seemed to make a big difference is when I turned the microwave right down and reduced the pulse count with dipswitch one had it on soak and passed that after 2 weeks then did it again not long after 

Just a thought had a new boiler done and the wireless thermostat is sat on a unit facing the detector its 868mhz frequency again clutching at straws anyone know the Honeywell microwave frequency range and isn't facing a door but front door is within detection range 

And that's a good point actually regarding anti mask/self test would have to try and look in the destructions maybe a device fault opens the relay 

So you have changed the detector?

you have swapped the cores used inside the cable?

You have swapped the zone used ie from main panel to node.

and you still get the same result?

is it going Alarm or is it Tamper when it activates?

i would strongly suggest it is environmental or could be a cable issue still, when you swapped cores around how did you do it?

swap Alarm pair for tamper pair? Or did you have an 8 core there?

Hi yes I've changed from a circuit in the panel to a circuit on An expander I've changed the detector and I've changed cores multiple times to all different colour combinations 8 core (using two cores as on resistors) and is going into Alarm condition