Security Installer Community

Use of "Remote LED Control" in systems

After flicking through the Texecom Premier Elite manual (obviously I've too much time on my hands), I come across the "Remote LED control" function and it got me thinking as to what applications this actually could be used in?

I assume the function is remote control of all detector/ sounder/ equipment LEDs on the network through the LED control terminals on the Texecom detectors, but other than disabling the LEDs post- walk test for G3 installations, I can't think of any other application?

Can anyone give any clues/ uses of this function they've found in the past/ present?

It's for exactly that disabling the LED's on detection devices, why would there need to any other application for it?

Regulations require the LED's to be disabled on certain installations this output would be wired into any compatible sensor to facilitate this.

Even if not required by regulation you could enable this if you have detection in public areas, stopping the ability for someone to pre-determine coverage of an area or device.

Specifically at G3 on Texecom this useful output would allow a user to check the masking state at the detector in question and then do the required walk test to reset the sensor from it's masked condition.