Security Installer Community

Risco eurosec CPX wireless alarm system

35 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

How about you put his invoice online here where we can see his comments , you can omit his details 

You have been explained why it might not restart, you already stated they didn't replace a battery on initial replacement and your just going in circles , no offence intended , but your not saying much different than many other customers who don't service there equipment , it's all about cost at the end of the day , just like some don't service there cars until something goes wrong 

No disrespect intended but we're not going in circles. Again no disrespect intended but I think you're missing the point.  It's not about servicing or cost or being advised when we had the new system installed less than two years ago that we should keep our original battery as it was in perfect condition, it is about being told that the power outage had absolutely nothing to do with the alarm stopping working or the wireless lithium batteries failing at the exact same time. We just want a plausible explanation for the equipment failing. If it's not fit for purpose we want rid. We don't want a faulty system and we don't want a system that will not restore itself if the sensor batteries fail in another power outage (eg a power cut). On the balance of probabilities what is the likelihood of these events occurring at the exact moment in time? Very slim if not impossible I would say but I'm not an alarm engineer hence the original post. Thank you for your comments 

26 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Ok can we see the invoice please , omit his details want to see comments 

The invoice states:

Job description:  Get alarm up and running

Comments: 

* alarm not working due to not being serviced

* wireless devices had flat batteries

* nothing to do with mains being turned off

35 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Yeah they didn't change the battery on install , I wouldn't mind seeing the paper of why that occurred to , seems to me it was going to fail 

One thing OP if he tested the main battery and it wasn't on your part to save money then it should be on the first invoice why it wasn't changed how he tested or if it was customer choice ?

Certificate doesn't prove anything on this situation , reality check think BBC call it

They said we didn't need to replace the battery as it was in perfect working order

50 minutes ago, Maria Gill said:

The invoice states:

Job description:  Get alarm up and running

Comments: 

* alarm not working due to not being serviced

* wireless devices had flat batteries

* nothing to do with mains being turned off

They said we didn't need to replace the battery as it was in perfect working order

I can see why you are miffed with the comments, but I'd take some comfort over the fact they never changed your main battery, there are some unscrupulous companies/individuals who would have taken advantage and said it needed changing. In fact some others would also wildly put it was all down to the mains issue thinking the builders insurance would foot the bill.

I've read thousands of engineers reports for billing purposes and that reads to me as thought it was wrote after some specific discussion around the cause, in fact I'd wager it was written after the engineer felt pissed over something.

Again, just ime of course.

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

7 minutes ago, norman said:

in fact I'd wager it was written after the engineer felt pissed over something.

Again, just ime of course.

Or it could be that it was written that way because the customer was not there to show/explain too. (I am not defending the engineer, or the company but engineers and job-sheets are down to interpretation sometimes) We had a Fire alarm takeover recently, the landlord had had one or two false alarms and was unhappy with the incumbent co. We tested everything and replaced the batteries dated 2009 wrote everything clearly on the job-sheet stating that the false alarms may have been down to the batteries that had failed the drop test as well as being 8 years old. The landlord complained saying that the panel was only replaced last year so the batteries were only a year old. We sent a copy of the jobsheet and asked him if the false alarms had stopped, we got a cheque a week later.  

Good luck Maria

27 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

Or it could be that it was written that way because the customer was not there to show/explain too. (I am not defending the engineer, or the company but engineers and job-sheets are down to interpretation sometimes) We had a Fire alarm takeover recently, the landlord had had one or two false alarms and was unhappy with the incumbent co. We tested everything and replaced the batteries dated 2009 wrote everything clearly on the job-sheet stating that the false alarms may have been down to the batteries that had failed the drop test as well as being 8 years old. The landlord complained saying that the panel was only replaced last year so the batteries were only a year old. We sent a copy of the jobsheet and asked him if the false alarms had stopped, we got a cheque a week later.  

Good luck Maria

I  Gave a full explanation to three people over the phone explaining what had happened to cause the power outage prior to the engineer calling. He actually left all of the 'dead' batteries he had replaced as well as the rubbish from the new ones and when I dropped them none of them bounced. Thank you very much Peter