Security Installer Community

Risco eurosec CPX wireless alarm system

1 hour ago, Maria Gill said:

Yes that's the message we got but when the main battery recharged we had no choice but to call an engineer as it still wouldn't work. He said it was our fault for not replacing the wireless batteries which were dead. It wasn't our fault. The system was working perfectly fine until the power outage. 

How about you put his invoice online here where we can see his comments , you can omit his details 

You have been explained why it might not restart, you already stated they didn't replace a battery on initial replacement and your just going in circles , no offence intended , but your not saying much different than many other customers who don't service there equipment , it's all about cost at the end of the day , just like some don't service there cars until something goes wrong 

13 minutes ago, norman said:

Life's too short imo, raise a complaint with with the company cc'ing any associated inspectorate and engage a new company to maintain the system going forward then move on.

I note your location, is the company a national one? 

QFA If they are an approved company they will have to take your complaint seriously and if they are ISO9001:2015 they will have a process of hoops to jump through. Their diagnosis would have to make sense to their inspectorate, or they will be in trouble. 

On 14/10/2017 at 15:14, Maria Gill said:

Thank you for your reply. They upgraded the old (different) system when we bought it so they didn't provide the main battery hence the cost. I personally don't think it was a good price as it takes them less than 5 minutes to get to our house and it took less than 10 minutes to replace the batteries. That's all they did. 

You stated they didn't replace the battery, cost saving excercise but even new batteries have been know to fail

Garages can charge Upto £65p/h or more dentists for 10mins even more to the nhs which you contribute to 

What is there to understand ?

The battery will fail after a number of hours , some won't allow the system to restart , a service would have picked up possibly battery going faulty , although I would have insisted it should be new 

Now you have new battery disconnect the mains it should hold for good 8 hours depending on system long lengths of time will discharge it to a point it would t restart system 

Then it is the money or it isn't because here you say it isn't a good price

16 hours ago, Maria Gill said:

It's not the price that is bothering me so much as the engineer saying the damaged outside electric cable had absolutely nothing to do with the system failure. That's far too much of a coincidence. He also put that on the invoice and also put that the failure was due to the system not being serviced and that the sensor batteries had failed because of lack of service. He had no right to put any of that. 

Here you say price isn't bothering you, but reality is it does to most 

I would also put on invoice lack of service , and probably my as most customers ask "can't you use any old equipment to reduce cost , some will some won't depending what your replacing 

Again none of this is personal or having a go at you, as it's just how it is

9 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

QFA If they are an approved company they will have to take your complaint seriously and if they are ISO9001:2015 they will have a process of hoops to jump through. Their diagnosis would have to make sense to their inspectorate, or they will be in trouble. 

I doubt this would be much trouble if it's all documented , customer hasn't had regular service 

6 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

You stated they didn't replace the battery, cost saving excercise but even new batteries have been know to fail

Garages can charge Upto £65p/h or more dentists for 10mins even more to the nhs which you contribute to 

The battery will fail after a number of hours , some won't allow the system to restart , a service would have picked up possibly battery going faulty , although I would have insisted it should be new 

Now you have new battery disconnect the mains it should hold for good 8 hours depending on system long lengths of time will discharge it to a point it would t restart system 

Then it is the money or it isn't because here you say it isn't a good price

I think the point is Imran that the origin of the problem was with the power cut, from the OP point of view they had a power outage which caused a problem with something unrelated to the outage. 

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

We don't have a new mains battery. That was fine. He replaced 5 lithium batteries for the sensors which miraculously went flat at the exact moment the outside underground cable was damaged by the neighbours builders.  What I don't understand is how he can claim the failure of the system was nothing to do with the underground cable being cut. You have to look at the picture as a whole and the way this has been dealt with, as explained in my earlier lengthy post. Thank you for your reponse

3 minutes ago, al-yeti said:

Again none of this is personal or having a go at you, as it's just how it is

I doubt this would be much trouble if it's all documented , customer hasn't had regular service 

If its an approved system the customer would have paid for a certificate, that is what pays the inspectorates wages, the customer has every right to get them involved. 

Just now, PeterJames said:

I think the point is Imran that the origin of the problem was with the power cut, from the OP point of view they had a power outage which caused a problem with something unrelated to the outage. 

Yeah they didn't change the battery on install , I wouldn't mind seeing the paper of why that occurred to , seems to me it was going to fail 

One thing OP if he tested the main battery and it wasn't on your part to save money then it should be on the first invoice why it wasn't changed how he tested or if it was customer choice ?

1 minute ago, PeterJames said:

If its an approved system the customer would have paid for a certificate, that is what pays the inspectorates wages, the customer has every right to get them involved. 

Certificate doesn't prove anything on this situation , reality check think BBC call it

3 minutes ago, Maria Gill said:

We don't have a new mains battery. That was fine. He replaced 5 lithium batteries for the sensors which miraculously went flat at the exact moment the outside underground cable was damaged by the neighbours builders.  What I don't understand is how he can claim the failure of the system was nothing to do with the underground cable being cut. You have to look at the picture as a whole and the way this has been dealt with, as explained in my earlier lengthy post. Thank you for your reponse

Ok can we see the invoice please , omit his details want to see comments 

Thank you all for your kind assistance and comments. I will complain to the relevant body. The reason I posted in the first place was for feedback before making any such complaint. I obviously am not an alarm engineer, and regardless of whether it should have been serviced after 21 months, the engineer's explanation did not make sense and we feel it has been handled appallingly and that somewhere along the line we have been taken advantage of. At the end of the day, it's not about the cost, It's more about the principle of it and making sure it doesn't happen to anyone else. I'm not going to spend anymore time on this other than to make the complaint and provide a copy of the inappropriately drawn up invoice to the relevant body. Life is too short and there are far more important things to bother about but, again, as a matter of principle a complaint needs to be made. No disrespect intended but we will now find it very difficult to trust an alarm engineer. I appreciate you all taking the time out to comment and offer advice and hope I have not offended any of you by losing my trust as you have all been extremely helpful and obviously provide a sterling service. I'm quite sure this firm is probably a one off but once bitten twice shy. Once again, thank you all very much indeed.