Security Installer Community

Agility 3 User/Engineer Manual and Problematic Wireless Mag Contant

Scott Lester

11 minutes ago, GlendaleEngineer001 said:

Hi Scott,

We deal with Risco products for all of our installs. Usually in these types of situations we would replace the sensor (assuming the customer is an existing one either maintained of installed within 12 months) as it sounds as though the sensor may be faulty if it is eating the battery this fast. I would go to your installer and inform them of this as it is under 12 months old, and it is showing such faults. If you ensure the battery is the same as the original inside it and it is all positioned in correctly.

In regards to the maintenance, we offer our customers a maintenance coverage where it is a free 24 hour call out, no labour charges, no parts charged, and we guarantee the batteries for up to 3 years. This is what we would say should be a maintenance contract. We will only charge customers a call out if it is due to malicious damage or accidental damage. Other than that, we will fix it for them as soon as possible.

The wireless systems do seem to be more pricey for the sensors. But, you should be covered under a 12 month warranty period with the installer as you have bought the goods of them.

Hey GlendaleEngineer,

I’ve had the company out who investigated and were unsure themselves. Having phoned Risco Technical, they advised to just replace the sensor. Apparently their tolerance for instances are to not even mess about as they have had ones returned, spent a fair amount of time trying to diagnose and not found anything.

This particular sensor was the closest one to the main unit and was on a test running at 89% strength. So its not even as though it had a weak signal constantly trying to try and being a Shock Sensor should be in sleep

mode most of the time.

My other fault was the back door magnetic contact, when the back door was opened, it wouldn’t allow me to set the alarm for approx 15mins until the sensors talked back to the main unit again.

This was down to the back door having a shock as well as a mag contact and apparently when Risco investigated this scenario, the door closing would activate both at the same time to update the main unit.

To sort this out, on door contacts only, setting pin#4 allows the door contact to send a double poll to the main system to ensure that its signal gets there !

Anyway, the end of the story. My faults are now resolved.

Clarification on the £13 a month, that gets out of the £75+vat callouts that I had to pay but not chargable parts. Obviously if I get more frequent callouts, then I may take the £13 p/m contract out.

• Downvote 1