Security Installer Community

Agility 3 User/Engineer Manual and Problematic Wireless Mag Contant

Scott Lester

Scott, if it's less than 12m as you say call them out under warranty, problem sorted.

I guess you are in IT, do you not provide contracts to your clients?

Edited by norman

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

on the books I've a full 32 zone agiltity

the subscriber cancelled the maint,  as they could change there own battery's....

they soon went back on a maint which inculdes all battery's

we don't do lots with the product,  so takes a 1/2 day visit to change every battery & clear faults ... 

they moan at the high cost. we moan at the low margin

we currenlty change 50% each visit,  however its a pain the balls

Mr? Veritas God

1 hour ago, PeterJames said:

Thanks you've just saved me a fortune!

You cancelling my contract

1 hour ago, MrHappy said:

on the books I've a full 32 zone agiltity

the subscriber cancelled the maint,  as they could change there own battery's....

they soon went back on a maint which inculdes all battery's

we don't do lots with the product,  so takes a 1/2 day visit to change every battery & clear faults ... 

they moan at the high cost. we moan at the low margin

we currenlty change 50% each visit,  however its a pain the balls

You want to buy some wisdoms and bits for spares?

39 minutes ago, MrHappy said:

nah, I wanna pull all my risco tat out !

So have I been mis sold on Risco products too ?

Reviews i’ve seen and the majority of my experience of it so far have been good.

So what would be comparable functionally inna good brand that you guys recommend ?

8 minutes ago, Scott Lester said:

Reviews i’ve seen and the majority of my experience of it so far have been good.

You've had it less than 12m and have been having issues for a while and that's good?

• Upvote 1

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

On 10/12/2017 at 22:22, Scott Lester said:

So have I been mis sold on Risco products too ?

So what would be comparable functionally inna good brand that you guys recommend ?

Hi Scott,

We deal with Risco products for all of our installs. Usually in these types of situations we would replace the sensor (assuming the customer is an existing one either maintained of installed within 12 months) as it sounds as though the sensor may be faulty if it is eating the battery this fast. I would go to your installer and inform them of this as it is under 12 months old, and it is showing such faults. If you ensure the battery is the same as the original inside it and it is all positioned in correctly.

In regards to the maintenance, we offer our customers a maintenance coverage where it is a free 24 hour call out, no labour charges, no parts charged, and we guarantee the batteries for up to 3 years. This is what we would say should be a maintenance contract. We will only charge customers a call out if it is due to malicious damage or accidental damage. Other than that, we will fix it for them as soon as possible.

The wireless systems do seem to be more pricey for the sensors. But, you should be covered under a 12 month warranty period with the installer as you have bought the goods of them.