Security Installer Community

Need Install advice

JohnD63

Hi there

I’m a sparks but  have no alarm install experience. I like the sound of the Texecom Ricochet wireless system. I have a three bed house out here in Italy and was looking at installing a reliable system in the house. I was thinking about contacts  on 9 windows and two doors. Plus motion sensors covering 9 rooms including the hallways. I am also looking at an external dialer to designated numbers, key fob control and a smart phone app to monitor the alarm status.
I contacted Texecom, told them I am looking for a DIY system because I have no experience installing security alarms  and they suggested the Texecom 64-W system and suggested it should be installed by a professional. Would this system be a difficult install for a novice? If so, would you guys have an alternative system you could recommend?

Thanks for any help

John

Hello,

The Texecom systems come factory set so that the majority of settings do not need changing. In addition the power up phase of the panel will take you through a setup of Ricochet devices. Once done it is a case of building the mesh network which is documented in the manual. While Texecom would suggest you have training first if you are relatively tech savvy then you should be able to use the panel ok. Just keep in mind that technical can offer support but cannot take you through the full programming.