Security Installer Community

I could do with some help

I had an alarm system installed in 2002 and never really used it.

Anyway the fire alarm keeps going off and we dont have a fire.

I have added the pictures, not sure if you can tell me the model or any help.

if I do pin then 6 it changes the time, 0 does call cs, 5 does pin change.

if you could help me that would be great, the company that fitted it are closed.

Phil

thumbnail_IMG_3108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3110.jpg

Just now, PhilUK said:

I had an alarm system installed in 2002 and never really used it.

Anyway the fire alarm keeps going off and we dont have a fire.

I have added the pictures, not sure if you can tell me the model or any help.

if I do pin then 6 it changes the time, 0 does call cs, 5 does pin change.

if you could help me that would be great, the company that fitted it are closed.

Phil

thumbnail_IMG_3108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_3110.jpg

What you mean fire alarm keeps going off 

You got a picture of when it's in fault? 

Fire Z06 Alarm then Zone 06 it says,

Basically, it started at 3am last night and just went off.. the internal alarm was sounding but the outside box does not.

It started again about 4pm and then again.. so I want to try and disable Zone 06

Edited by PhilUK

You wont get in with 7890 the engineer code would have been changed. Have you tried calling your installer?  If its not been serviced since 2002 its likely your problem will be battery related, it should have been replaced four times since 2002 

As for the model it will almost certainly be a Scantronic 9651EN, as it has no 'banner text' meaning it's not going to be a 9651UK (which shows only 9651 in the 2nd line) or any other 9x5x, unless the banner text was left blank which is unlikely.

Fire zones is showing rather than tamper faults so this is a little odd. Is the panel in what used to be an unfinished garage? Just wondering if there is a boxed in sensor in the former open roofspace??

But as above TAC are very much a going concern, and quite good from what I've heard. It will need a new system battery as well as a fix.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

The tamper thing was my fault.. its nothing to with the error. I was just showing it to locate what system I have.

The system started to go off last night, the error was Fire Z06 Alarm then Zone 06 however I just went down and entered my code and it reset it.

I didnt think much more off it.. until it started to do it again today. I left it in error mode hoping that would stop it.. however it didnt.

The error is part of zone 6 which is the smoke alarm part. I want to disable that but without the right code (07890) or 7890 does not work.

I contacted the company out of hours to find out the code.

To answer the above, it was once in the garage which was converted to a room in 2007 and been fine since. I think there is a fault with the smoke sensor.

We are selling the house, so just wanted to disable zone 6 as I dont really use the alarm.

Edited by PhilUK