Security Installer Community

mr doyle

Paul Doyle

Ready for a new challenge by hopefully joining ROMEC has any of the members had the pleasure of working with the team?  

any comments would be welcome in respect of helping me decide my position I have worked for ADT for as long as I can remember installing intruder alarms and fire panels

colleague informed me that most of the work with ROMEC is more or less the same as ADT in respect of control panel installations signalling devices. most of the installs I have carried out were with the galaxy range and signalling was either red gsm dual com the occasional WEBWAY any input with respect to the above would be greatly appreciated best wishes paul

Edited by grandmaster14

I know someone who used to sell for them, he was with them for around five years never heard him complain. They let quite a few engineers go a couple of years ago as they lost a big contract, we were flooded with CV's with service guys from Romec at the time. I think they all found jobs soon enough. Dave Partridge works for them not that you ever see him on here nowadays.

romec  are now royal mail again,cbre took the post office contracts most engineers got paid off they binned all there commercial customers and just do in house if your ready to work at a slow pace and wait forever for a decision to be made id go for it

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2017 at 16:42, goncall said:

romec  are now royal mail again,cbre took the post office contracts most engineers got paid off they binned all there commercial customers and just do in house if your ready to work at a slow pace and wait forever for a decision to be made id go for it

Right, got it. Easy (for me anyway) to confuse PO with RM, quite separate... Had noticed CBRE bells at local PO recently.

Edited by datadiffusion

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

• 1 month later...

I've done lots of work for CBRE they were Romec then Norlands and are now called CBRE.

Good company to do work for and very organised. If you know Galaxy and Castle panels then happy days.

Edited by Jms
Missed
  • Like 1