Security Installer Community

Intellisense 800L

Rissy

I have another question.  What is supposed to happen if the alarm is armed, and the mains power to the system (house) is lost?  Is the system supposed to still sit there silently until the house is illegally interfered with?  I'm presuming this is the case, as what would be the point in the 12v battery backup....?

I know that when the alarm ISN'T armed and the mains power is withdrawn, the alarm box still sits there silently and only makes noise when you open up the controller box.

Edited by Rissy

40 minutes ago, Rissy said:

I have another question.  What is supposed to happen if the alarm is armed, and the mains power to the system (house) is lost?  Is the system supposed to still sit there silently until the house is illegally interfered with?  I'm presuming this is the case, as what would be the point in the 12v battery backup....?

The mains is constantly charging the battery and the battery is what is powering your system, if the mains fails the battery continues to power your system. Depending on the current being drawn by your system and the size of the battery, it should last anything between 6 and 12 hours. Professional installers will use a multimeter to find out what current is being drawn, and calculate what size battery is required to provide a minimum of 12 hours standby.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, PeterJames said:

The mains is constantly charging the battery and the battery is what is powering your system, if the mains fails the battery continues to power your system. Depending on the current being drawn by your system and the size of the battery, it should last anything between 6 and 12 hours. Professional installers will use a multimeter to find out what current is being drawn, and calculate what size battery is required to provide a minimum of 12 hours standby.

Ah cool.  Thank you very much for all your help.  It's great to finally get some extra clarity on the system i have.  I really appreciate you helping me. :-)

15 hours ago, sixwheeledbeast said:

Yes

oh! really?  I wonder what's going on there then....?

I still don't know which negative wire i need to pull for testing the bell box alarm properly....

out of the possible terminals named as follows, which is it we're talking about me needing to pull?

ST- Strobe switched negative trigger.
S - Sounder switched negative trigger
+ Sounder hold off/strobe positive supply.
- Sounder hold off supply & sounder tamper feed (negative)
-R Sounder tamper return. (negative)

Also, do i want to do this with the alarm in an armed standpoint, or can i do it unarmed?  If only armed, then how do i do this with the control box open?  just tape down the tamper switch on the control box door?

43 minutes ago, Rissy said:

oh! really?  I wonder what's going on there then....?

I still don't know which negative wire i need to pull for testing the bell box alarm properly....

- Sounder hold off supply & sounder tamper feed (negative)

There's a clue in the name